Suggestions? waterfall for my Vield ?

Kamakazee213ez

Greetings all!

I'm having issues maintaining my humidity. With respect to that, I've been tempted to get a waterfall for my cage setup where my big dripper drops can land. Where my vield can take advantage of drinking water from that source. Any recommendations or suggestions besides misting?

Thanks

I wouldn't suggest a waterfall, ive had one for a while in my tank and it was difficult to maintain. crickets got sucked in a lot and you pretty much have to clean it everyday. If you are having troubles with humidity i know a lot of people put up plastic shower curtains on three of the sides of their enclosures

if you aren't using real plants, try that. they hold humidity much better. also, i have a towel at the bottom of mine that seems to help as well (it holds the moisture after misting) and i switch it out every night before lights out

I strongly advise against a waterfall. I had one with my first cham, and even though I was meticulous about cleaning it every day he still got sick. Try live plants or the towel.

Greetings all!

I'm having issues maintaining my humidity. With respect to that, I've been tempted to get a waterfall for my cage setup where my big dripper drops can land. Where my vield can take advantage of drinking water from that source. Any recommendations or suggestions besides misting?

Thanks

Do you mean simply something for the water to cascade off on its way to drainage?

As in a non-powered, non-water source "Water fall" till you turn on your big dripper? If this is the case then I too am going to do this for looks and use. I want to use a Japanese water feature as inspiration. Basically bamboo to add distance to where I can keep my dripper and make it easier to place. As it is I have to find a new leaf every time that hits the others just right- very time consuming.

Only problems with this I can see, is bacteria growth inside of the bamboo I'll be using or in your case the rocks. If you use real rocks, the chance of bacteria living inside of them exists. I don't know the biology between leaves and rocks/bamboo when it comes to prolonged water. I would hope that as long as you let it dry out between waterings that bacteria growth shouldn't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom