Suggestions on roaches

Dmurray

Hi people, I want to get in to breeding roaches. What are the easiest to breed and best for my panthers and my jacksonii

I just put in an order for a small colony of Dubia roaches. I've heard they are easy to breed. just hope my chams like them lol.

Once Dubias start breeding they are like rabbits, lol! I found a female yesterday in an upturned egg carton 'cup' and she had just given birth. She had all her white babies huddled underneath her for most of the day.

Dubias and discoids are great. I have discoids, dusky cave roaches, surinam, green banana, and (soon) horseshoe roches as well. These are all easy, they only need heat and some of them need just a little substrate for them the bury in. But it's my attempt at weeding out crickets as much as possible.

Banana roaches are a good option too:) i absolutely hate the look of dubia and my boyfriend really wants to get some but NOT on my watch lol I'm just terrified of them but don't mind locust and crickets and worms except supers there evil!! And ill happily pick up a banana roach they are a nice looking green colour and easy to breed i literally have a plastic tub with a mesh lid, couple of inches of soil, some sort of shelter for them i used plastic tubs just cut a door out couple of fake leaves and stuff and you just leave them alone, just spray once a day, oh and you'll need a heat mat underneath to keep them warm and humidity up. I have babies everywhere!! Lol

Heres a few pics :)
5e0917a8-c703-6a3c.jpg

5e0917a8-c71a-a530.jpg

Last edited:
Yes they can, and they can fly (I've never had one fly out of the container, I was told they just flutter if they fall, but I saw one yesterday fly its way out of my chameleon room and across the hallway to the bathroom! lol) but they can be easily stopped. The photo that Zuggie posted shows a really easy way to stop them. 98% of the time they're buried in the soil anyway, they aren't all poised at the sides of the container waiting to rush out when you open it.

I just put in an order for a small colony of Dubia roaches. I've heard they are easy to breed. just hope my chams like them lol.

Yes, dubias are the way to go. Easiest to breed, and are cheap if you can find the right guy. Anything that eats crickets will eat dubias!! My cham's favorite food are roaches. Hope you do well with them ;) Get a starter colony of around 100. Put them in a large plastic tub with lots of egg carton, oranges, temps of 90-95 degrees, 40% humidity, and dark. Wait a few months and BOOM!! They'll be comin' out your ears :D :D

I also agree that dubia and discoids are the easiest to keep, breed, and contain. Best starter roaches in my opinion.

They really really are. Once you've had these guys for a while you can start breeding something like hissers. The adults really are too big to feed most chams, but you can sell them for a handsome pice ;)

They really really are. Once you've had these guys for a while you can start breeding something like hissers. The adults really are too big to feed most chams, but you can sell them for a handsome pice ;)

I have a dust bin in the shape of a red belly piranha :)

American Cockroaches are really easy to breed, but start-up can be a bit expensive.

You'll need a trailer and lots of exposed food, a drinking problem, and a couple baby daddies.

I've seen it work countless times :D

Back
Top Bottom