suggestion for cage

aequitas87

I have recently bought a female juvenile jackson cham from petsmart. i bought a 10 gallon aquarium just for the time being till i get a new cage. my question is should i buy a 38 gallon reptarium until she gets a little older, or should i skip that and just go straight to a 18x18x36 aluminum screen cage from lllreptile?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Go straight for the alum cage... that thing will be perfect, reptariums are okay... But The Alum screen cages really are the way to go I say.

Go to the bigger screened cage first. Lighting and the rest is also very important as im sure (hopefully) others will follow and help you with all that. I have always found decent sized caging works well to growth and health of my Chams. I just had a new bunch of Jackson babies a few weeks back. And honestly I put them each in fairly large enclosures. Their health, growth rate, and well being are all showing good signs of a strong future. Point is, even in the large cage, they see very well and have no problem seeing the food, water, and going for it! Activity also creates strong more agile development. But if the Cham appears to struggle in the larger space you can always section it smaller with a well thought out divider. Then you can remove that when need be. Hope this helps.

that is true i could always section it off if needed 18x18x36 should be ok for an adult female Jackson too right. Then again by then i am sure i will build her a bigger custom cage.

Well as I stated before. I always opt for larger cages, but others dont feel the same. I build my own too. so I can customize it to where I'm placing it. So yes most definatly get that Screened cage as soon as possible, set it up well. (Some on this site show great cage setups,) and build the cage to suit you and your Cham at a later date. Good Luck

yea i have been reading a lot about different setups and i have a fairly good idea on what i am gonna do. Just gotta order my cage and find somewhere to buy a good plant to put in it.

I am not a botanist (plant guy) so I cant tell you names of plants to use. Since Jacksons usually dont eat plants. I usually look for plants with good strong perches for them to hang out on, or ones at least capable of customized trimming. To accomondate the comfort and usefulness of your Chameleon & its happiness.

Back
Top Bottom