Suggested misting times

Hello I’ve been playing around with misting times with my new mist king

What do some other members do?
Right now I’m doing 4 mins right after lights on.. 1 min at 11am, 1 min at 2 pm
And 4min at 6 pm

I also hand mist when I feel needed

Lights on at 7 and off at 7
I see him drink daily, and his urates are white, with normal looking poop...( according to poop threads )

Does this seem sufficient ?
Just wondering what other members do
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thx

Did he get a few good drinks?
Did the cage dry out between mistings?
Did you get the required humidity levels during the day?

Thats about all the points you have to hit. Mine need a good soak to start drinking (at least 5min, some times 10, they also do eyeball washes) while some chams hid and come out after the rain to drink.

Did he get a few good drinks?
Did the cage dry out between mistings?
Did you get the required humidity levels during the day?

Thats about all the points you have to hit. Mine need a good soak to start drinking (at least 5min, some times 10, they also do eyeball washes) while some chams hid and come out after the rain to drink.

Yes I see him drink regularly sometimes it takes a while though

The cage wasn’t originally fully drying so I tried doing a long mist in the morning then shorter mists during the day to keep the humidity up and a long evening mist
Which seems to have helped

Humidity fluctuates from 40% on the low end and up to around 70% high end

Thanks for your input
I will keep watching to ensure the above points have been hit

He does sometimes take a while to start drinking so maybe I will try extending the longer mists

Thx again

The only thing I generally do is have the longer misting sessions during the middle of the day. I like the enclosure to get up to higher temps so I know the chameleon isn't going to miss out on a drinking opportunity because he is still basking to get going for the day.

Heres my misting times, lights on from 8 to 8.
9am 6 min mist after lights have warmed him up
12pm 3min mist
3pm 3min mist
6pm 2min mist then time to warm up before lights out

I've been debating this too. Do you think every four hours 12 seconds is enough, or should I do it longer.

There's no one answer to this. Many chameleons need quite a few minutes before they will even start to drink. I don't think 12 seconds would be long enough to raise humidity or offer your chameleon enough hydration from droplets on leaves.

I use a house humidifier, and there is always water droplets on the leaves. Thanks for the advice now I'm gonna have the Mister on for a couple minutes. My Chameleon thanks you too!!!

I use a house humidifier, and there is always water droplets on the leaves. Thanks for the advice now I'm gonna have the Mister on for a couple minutes. My Chameleon thanks you too!!!

I used to mist for about 30 - 45 seconds about 5 times a day for my veiled. He never drank when misting sessions were on. Later on when he was older I had to have a few mistings of at least 5 minutes as he decided that now he wanted to sit there and drink up. Experiment to find what works best for your cham! ;)

Back
Top Bottom