Stupid Habba Mist...

holliehawk

My habba mist decided to crap out on me this past weekend. Now I am debating what to replace it with. I know that I do not want another as it was more of a squirt gun than anything else. :mad:
I know a lot of people on here love the mistking, and it looks like its great, but I was curious - has anyone built their own misting system? Is it really worth $189.00 for this thing(mistking)? Seems to me that building one would be cheaper, but if its a huge pain and the nozzles generally suck then I would rather not attempt... any direction would be appreciated. :confused:

check the threads a couple days ago a member showed his diy mister and he did it for like $30 using 2 buckets a small pump a couple of tees and reducers and some tubing. going to try it myself this weekend

i got an aqua zamp. theyre $120 and basically the same set up as a mist king. kevin was great to work with too.

ohhhh those look nice! have you tried it out? does it mist well, or is it more of a straight shot of water?

My habba mist decided to crap out on me this past weekend. Now I am debating what to replace it with. I know that I do not want another as it was more of a squirt gun than anything else. :mad:
I know a lot of people on here love the mistking, and it looks like its great, but I was curious - has anyone built their own misting system? Is it really worth $189.00 for this thing(mistking)? Seems to me that building one would be cheaper, but if its a huge pain and the nozzles generally suck then I would rather not attempt... any direction would be appreciated. :confused:
i don't know if anyone here has any experience with it, but i have to say, i was a little torn at the pomona show between the mist king and the rain dome.... i REALLY like the concept of the rain dome, but there were soooo many people around that i didn't really get a chance to look into all the factors with it...(draining, timing, etc).... i went ahead and got the mist king, cause i'd been looking into it for awhile, but i'm thinking about researching a little more if we add any more to the collection or possibly even for some of the chams i have now when our eggs hatch.....i'm thinking the fine mist of the mistking would be better for babies than the rain dome, so we might rearrange some cages....

$189 For a mist king is money well spent. I have found that bargain buying for chameleons is not really an option as you end up spending the money on them later on anyways. If you're a real DIY guy then by all means make something but spending money on a mist king or aquazamp is something you won't regret later on down the line because they are just great products!

yes, that is kinda what I am leaning towards. i like the idea of the rain hood with the aqua zamp, but it seems that the mist king is everyone's favorite and has been around longer... anyway, i appreciate the input everyone :)

I was at the show and saw how the AquaZamp worked and I was pretty impressed. Also like the fact that the parts and all are made here in the USA... He's right down the street from me but it would mean less shipping time! Rain Dome was AWESOME also got to see that in action.

with the aqua zamp, you can run either the rain dome or a mist nozzle. i got the mist nozzle and it puts out a very fine mist, almost like a fog. i am very impressed with it. the timer that you can get with it has 20 different settings for each day, so you can have it go off almost every hour. i have mine set to go off every two hours when the lights are on. plus, shipping would be less because they are in the US, and all the parts are made in the USA and are NSF certified.

the one ryanlilb made works like a rain dome search my own rain system on this site to check it out pretty nice and also cheap:)

Has anyone built their own misting system? Is it really worth $189.00 for this thing? Seems to me that building one would be cheaper, but if its a huge pain and the nozzles generally suck then I would rather not attempt... any direction would be appreciated. :confused:

We were wondering the same thing, about building your own misting system being easier and cheaper. We quickly realized that if you want to build something of good quality, it ends of being expensive because of all the trial and error. We've probably spent thousands on filtration, irrigation, misting, drainage, and automation. We have a really kick-ass set up now that delivers Reverse Osmosis water and is 100% automated in delivery and drainage of water, but it was definitely not cheap to do. If you know what to do and what to buy, its worth considering though.

you actually don't have to buy the one that's $189.... you can just buy the starter system for $99 and add the "Seconds Timer" for another $30 I think...if you need another misting nozzle then just add on how many you need.

Back
Top Bottom