Stuck Shed?

pi_and_peg

So everything was smooth with my chameleons shed and I was told not to help with any bits of it. She had gotten off the bit on her face I was worried about, but there's still a little spot. I've made sure I don't directly mist her so the shed won't stick. I've seen her drink from leaves and eat (she eats alot? is that bad? Whenever I put say.. 10 3/4ths inch crickets in there, they will be all gone. She's ate superworms and mealworms, occasionally, but she doesn't seem to want to eat them. Alot of the times when I put them in, she'll eat maybe 2 and leave the rest.) But she just has this little bit of shed. I got some pictures when I took her out to check the other day becuase from what I could tell, she had gotten it all off, but when I took her out- I saw there was some.

Attachments

• 20190608_141334.jpg
    20190608_141334.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 168
You should not be feeding mealworms... They are very low in nutritional value. Superworms should only be about 20% of the diet. So if you are giving 10 feeders then only 2 should be superworms. Since they do not gutload well they do not receive the same nutrients from them as they would crickets or dubia that gutload well.

She should be shedding on her own... If she is having issues shedding at her age then there could be something off in your husbandry... You should never pick, peel, or apply anything to remove shed.

chameleon-food(1).jpg
chameleon-gutload.jpg

You should not be feeding mealworms... They are very low in nutritional value. Superworms should only be about 20% of the diet. So if you are giving 10 feeders then only 2 should be superworms. Since they do not gutload well they do not receive the same nutrients from them as they would crickets or dubia that gutload well.

She should be shedding on her own... If she is having issues shedding at her age then there could be something off in your husbandry... You should never pick, peel, or apply anything to remove shed.

View attachment 235707View attachment 235708
I tried mealworms once just to see if she'd eat them. She mostly wants crickets. She ate super worms on the occasion, but not many. I can't find many other things around where I live to feed her that won't be too big. All of her shed went good besides the little bit.
She's 5 months old or so. She has branches, vines, leaves, ect. I took out the waterfall I used to have but kept the hammock in, just because it's easier to set the dish with superworms/greens in instead of tossing them around her cage. I ordered more vines/ect but they still haven't arrived yet. I gut load everything with a mix of carrots, oranges, lettuce, and apples.
I mist her frequently (3-4 times a dsy for about a minute and a half) and have a dripper. Her fecal and urate are of average.
I haven't messed around with any of her shed and from what I read, it said the occasional bit will be there but I shouldn't touch it. I haven't messed with it but I was just wondering if there was anything I could do for that little bit left on her to help.

Back
Top Bottom