Stuck Eye Caps?

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
Can chameleons have stuck eye caps like snakes? Coda my 5 month old veiled has something that looks like that. She keeps trying to get it off by sucking in her eye, is there anyway I can help?

Looks like eye discharge has glued it shut. She may have gotten something in there and has been producing fluid to try to flush it out, or else may have an eye infection. Had the same thing happen to mine. A vet visit wouldn’t go amiss, but using a saline solution to clean it will also help.

Can chameleons have stuck eye caps like snakes? Coda my 5 month old veiled has something that looks like that. She keeps trying to get it off by sucking in her eye, is there anyway I can help? View attachment 243341
Their eyes do not shed. She most likely has some trash stuck in it. As mentioned above, it needs to be flushed. You can use saline solution but you’ll find a good long misting session much easier on both you and your Cham.

Do you have a mister?

Do a good 5-10 min misting session That she can’t escape from and if it doesn’t come off take a wet qtip and put it on top if the crust and then roll the qtip in your fingers down and away from the eye. Don’t try to just scrape it off the eye as that may drag whatever trash is in there over the eye damaging it further.

When I got her out to look at it better, she rubbed it 3 different times on me (I was so happy) so she knows it’s there, I’ll up her misting, but is the rubbing ok?

Back
Top Bottom