Struggling to reach low temps (at 18c, need 10-15c at night)

herpthefuture

hello I am struggling to get my temps down to 10-15c at night, I have computer fans running but of course that only makes the air feel colder and doesn't lower the actual temps...planning on putting ice on top of the enclosure tonight and then I am considering a fogger but I've heard lots of bad things about them. I also have all my windows open at night.

What do you guys do to lower your temps for your montanes??

So a cool fogger will drop temps some. They are not bad, the issue comes from their high maintenance. Weekly thorough cleanings. Same guidelines as when people use them. So its work or yes it can do more harm than good. Just be honest with yourself if you will keep it clean. I use one. I can not tell you it is necessary, as many have done quite well without fog.

The air conditioning might work? but you will need to compensate humidity.

Obviously where you live matters. I am in US Oregon and have the same issue. I want some species that need cooler. But just because of house and location I can not guarantee cooler temps.

I do not know about the Ice, but you may be onto something. The have chillers for aquariums. If it could be modified such that the cool water circulated through tubes in the enclosure would it drop the temp?

Back
Top Bottom