stressed chameleon?

i need to ask one more thing if you don’t mind. should i add more leaves or hiding sections? and should i rase the cage to be higher? it’s off the floor but it isn’t taller than my eye level.
No problem at all, ask as many questions as you want, we’re here to help! It all depends on how it looks once it's all live plants. Though you could add a big centerpiece plant in the empty space right now, too, and use that to place the other live plants around. Also, don't toss the fake plants, you can mount them on the outside of his cage for added privacy! The higher you can get his cage, the better. They feel safer the higher they are.
oh and forgot to mention he has been like this for around a month or two. he’s eating, drinking, pooping, and acting ok but his color just changed when i got him into his new cage
He's probably just adjusting to his new environment. Or do you mean he's been dark for a month or two? A general wellness check and fecal test by an experienced chameleon vet is always recommended, if you want to, as well.

Last edited:
No problem at all, ask as many questions as you want, we’re here to help! It all depends on how it looks once it's all live plants. Though you could add a big centerpiece plant in the empty space right now, too, and use that to place the other live plants around. Also, don't toss the fake plants, you can mount them on the outside of his cage for added privacy! The higher you can get his cage, the better. They feel safer the higher they are.

He's probably just adjusting to his new environment. Or do you mean he's been dark for a month or two? A general wellness check and fecal test by an experienced chameleon vet is always recommended, if you want to, as well.
he’s been dark for a little while. i’m talking to a vet right now but is color is seeming to change sense i’ve made his cage higher

Attachments

• 19AEC072-7CEB-4851-9767-D2D8154743CF.jpeg
    19AEC072-7CEB-4851-9767-D2D8154743CF.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 81
  • A90F0598-CAD2-4DAE-AF24-93E7319BB1D4.jpeg
    A90F0598-CAD2-4DAE-AF24-93E7319BB1D4.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 63
You can add more live plants and take out the fake ones. As for raising up the cage, that might be a good idea so he can be higher than you as long as you have space enough between the top of the cage and the ceiling. You don’t want your lights touching the ceiling of course.

he’s been dark for a little while. i’m talking to a vet right now but is color is seeming to change sense i’ve made his cage higher
That’s great! Hopefully he was just stressed from being on the ground! Now we just have to fix the lighting and cage furnishings! I can’t wait to see the reveal!

Back
Top Bottom