stress

grantman40

ok so i am curious on how chams get stressed, do they get stressed at sight of humans or sound of things around the surrounding area, in my room i am always watching tv and the cham cage is about 15ft away, would this stress him alot???

My chameleon lives in a dorm room that has three roommates (including myself). He is very healthy and has tremendous color ever since we have "rescued" him from the terrible pet store we bought him at. Since chameleons are practically deaf, sound does not bother them. However, they are very good at sensing vibrations, so very loud noises would not be good. Chameleons also have very good eyesight, so if your watching TV at night, I recommend you drape a dark sheet or towel over the cage. My room is kept fairly quite now, especially at night when it close to the chameleons bedtime. We use a sheet over his cage and he works perfectly for him.

my chams cage is in the living room and he watches the world go by with no stress at all.he actually watches the tv from one favourite branch,and when he comes out to free range he positions himself to watch the telly as well lol
i cover his cage at bedtime with blackout material and he is always in the same place at lights on

I have noticed that both of my chams (not including pygmies) are very very heavy sleepers. I have moved their cages in their sleep with out waking them, i hvae also hunted through my males cage for a rouge cricket that thought it would be hilarious to chirp all night, with out waking him either.

I dont have a problem turning the tv on for a little AFTER they have gone to bed, but if their lights go out, there is no light in the room for at least an hour.

Back
Top Bottom