Strepticocci

redfl83

Has anyone had any experience of this in a chameleon he had a small lump on his side & was injected with antibiotics but after a while the lump came back They tried a few times but in the end i paid to get a sample sent away to find out why it was growing back well it came back as strep & he had became immune to the antibiotics the vet was giving his so now he has been getting a new 1 & i have been injecting him everyday for 10 days now (was shaking for 1st few days as he so tiny ) So the lump has got hard now & vet is happy wth this
Just wondered if anyone else has encountered this

I haven't had any experience with strep in chameleons but I can tell you that generally, if abcesses are not cleaned out the bacteria seems to not be killed by giving the chameleon antibiotics. The abcesses sort of wall themselves off and then the antibiotics don't "penetrate" into the bacteria.

I haven't had any experience with strep in chameleons but I can tell you that generally, if abcesses are not cleaned out the bacteria seems to not be killed by giving the chameleon antibiotics. The abcesses sort of wall themselves off and then the antibiotics don't "penetrate" into the bacteria.

Thanks yeah that seems to be the problem the vet wants to cut it out but im wary as my cham is very little & he is not actually ill with the lump so in a dilemma as to what to do

The problem is that if its not treated it might break out and become systemic...so your chameleon will seem fine for a while and then get very sick very fast.

The problem is that if its not treated it might break out and become systemic...so your chameleon will seem fine for a while and then get very sick very fast.

yeah he has had 2 different antibiotics but his lump has came back i have vets on monday again( i have been taking him every week for quite awhile)
Im just worried about loosing him under anesthetic as he is so little so unsure what to do

Back
Top Bottom