Definitely listen to these people - they have great experience and are giving you good info. When I was starting out, some of these same people were helping me with my new chameleon. They are very nice and want you to succeed!
I have a male Jax, too. He is VERY active. I had him in a 24x24x48 screen cage, and he used every inch of the enclosure. I made him a much larger cage and he seems to be much happier now. Jax need a lot of space, so ventilated vivarium or screen enclosure, very soon you will need to double his space. Time to safely free range to explore is also very welcome - my Jax is very curious about everything. He might be stressed about feeling "trapped" in a small space.
If he is sleeping during the day, that is a sign that he is ill. It could be any number of different infections, and you will need to take him to the vet. If he is breathing with his mouth open all the time, he could be too hot (glass enclosures can get much hotter inside than the screen cages with the same type of lights) or he could have a respiratory infection. It's easy to adjust the temperature to see if he still keeps his mouth open.
The 10.0 light might be too much for him in such a small cage. You can downgrade to the 5.0 of the same brand (in fact, I think you should until he has a much larger cage). I keep my basking spot only at about 86*F and the rest of the cage is around 70. That seems to be perfect for my Jax.
Pictures of your cage and enclosure would definitely help.