Strange chameleon behavior before the storm

Sezny

Hi!

I have 4 panther chameleons and I am living in Raleigh, NC. Hurricane Florence is coming and my chams just stopped eating all together yesterday morning. I know that some animals are known to "feel" climatic events coming but did anyone of you had a similar experience? They were all healthy and good eaters the day before.

I feel like it make sense they stop eating, it is good to have an empty digestive track when such a stressful event is coming and in the wild they might not get enough hot sun for digestion.

What do you think?

@Sezny I think it's a response to the beginning of the wet season but your answer is more fun. Hope you are somewhere high and dry, be safe.
I don't remember which species but it was some that don't breed readily in captivity.

For an update, they are not much back into food yet, I ordered some hornworms to check if they are not bored of crickets and roaches before freaking out.

Mine tend to get down really low in the enclosure when a heavy thunderstorm comes through but that’s about it.
Mine is doing that right now. And I’m worried. He’s close to the bottom of his cage, on one of his branches. Is that what yours did? And was he fine afterwards?

Mine is doing that right now. And I’m worried. He’s close to the bottom of his cage, on one of his branches. Is that what yours did? And was he fine afterwards?
The post you are posting to is 2 years old. I don’t even know if that person is still a member. The info in it can be helpful though. I hope your Cham starts acting like his old self again and he probably will, just give him time.

Back
Top Bottom