Strange Behavior

AndyBast

I recently adopted a baby veiled cham. 3 days ago. I have done ample research, and I have all the neccesary eqpt.etc. Today I noticed when he climbs from branch to branch he doesnt take smooth strides; he shakes a little and quickly moves back and forth as if he is second guessing every move he makes. He is eating correctly and still moving around, but just in this eratic behavior. Does this sound familiur to anyone? Thanks.

Hi Andy,

Your cham is pretending to be a leaf in the wind.

It is normal behavior. I see it most when my chams are in a new environment that they are uncertain about.

Heika

Andy,
Yes, that is completely normal. Like Heika said they are mimicking a leaf for camoflauge purposes. I also fell that part of the reason that they do this is their ability to look two different ways at the same time. One side has to catch up with the other one.

Jerm

Jerm said:
I also fell that part of the reason that they do this is their ability to look two different ways at the same time. One side has to catch up with the other one.
Or rather, maybe it lets them for a better 3 dimensional view of what each eye is looking at. For example, look at what is right in font of you, and move your head 12" to the right, then 12" to the left. It could be a way to understand the "depth" of what they are looking at.

Back
Top Bottom