STINKY POOP

sarie

I’ve had my five month old panther chameleon since July. He eats crickets, dubias, super worms, hornworms (treats), and black soldier fly larvae. I dust them in calcium without d3 daily and give him repashy calcium plus lod twice a month. Today he took a normal looking poo with white urates. There was a small tinge of orange around the urates but it was pretty much all white and seemed healthy to me. Usually when he poos I can smell it. It’s not really stinky or offensive but it has a distinct odor. Today, however, I cleaned out his poo (didn’t smell too bad) and left my room for a few hours. I came back and the smell of his poop is much stronger. Much stinkier. Is this something to be concerned about? I already removed the poo from his enclosure so I’m unsure why it stinks so bad in there. Could it be that there is another poo that I didn’t see, and the smell worsened over time as it was left there. I’m not sure if that’s a thing, but I can’t think of any other possible reason why it would stink. Thanks.

Did you leave the trash with the poo in it in the room? It’s been very rare that I’ve smelled any poo from my chameleons…only the bearded dragon. Have you ever had a fecal done to check for parasites? If not, that’s always a good thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom