Still no eggs

joeandsoph

Established Member
Hi,

So you may remember me telling you about Tilly just under a week ago. She went to the vets with a bruise and vet did an xray and saw she needed to lay and was constipated. She had an Oxytocin injecting which brought on a bowel movement but no eggs. And still since Thursday no eggs. She picked up a lot since the bowel movement and fluids and calcium injection but yesterday she wasn't sitting properly, like almost on her back. The vet thinks she is straining and she looks really uncomfortable. I asked if we could have more Oxytocin but theres a chance she can strain to much with the Oxytocin and rupture her womb when they eggs cant come out. The next option is to get her spayed. And I would rather to it now whilst shes in good health becuase if she deteriorates then I don;t think she'll survive the operation. At the moment her strength is good and shes eating etc. She is 4 so there is always a risk she might not pull through.

I hope she pulls through. It's always stressful when your pet is having difficulties. I applaud your efforts to keep her healthy. That is more than most would do.

I did wonder at first if I was over-reacting or stressing out over nothing but I'm so glad I took her to the vets when I did!

Back
Top Bottom