Sweet Grumpy

So glad to hear good news about both girls! I‘ve been worried sick over one chameleon, meanwhile you’ve had TWO of them having issues at the same time! It begs the question - why do we do this to ourselves? 😂
I’m honestly pretty surprised all your hair hasn‘t turned white already. Following for updates ❤️🤞🏻

So glad to hear good news about both girls! I‘ve been worried sick over one chameleon, meanwhile you’ve had TWO of them having issues at the same time! It begs the question - why do we do this to ourselves? 😂
I’m honestly pretty surprised all your hair hasn‘t turned white already. Following for updates ❤️🤞🏻
Thanks! Unfortunately/fortunately, life has made sure to prepare me for multi-tasking stress and worry. The hardest is only being able to do so much for them. I’ve provided Stella with everything I can and it’s up to her to find her ideal spot and lay her eggs. Thankfully my desperate effort has worked and she’s butt down in her bin as I write. Sweet Grumpy is holding her own and I won’t know more until her labs are rechecked.
I do know that without all of the help, support and love from everyone, I’d probably be a basket case by now. We are so very blessed to have this community and even more so that it is filled with such amazing people. 💗💗💗

Thanks! Unfortunately/fortunately, life has made sure to prepare me for multi-tasking stress and worry. The hardest is only being able to do so much for them. I’ve provided Stella with everything I can and it’s up to her to find her ideal spot and lay her eggs. Thankfully my desperate effort has worked and she’s butt down in her bin as I write. Sweet Grumpy is holding her own and I won’t know more until her labs are rechecked.
I do know that without all of the help, support and love from everyone, I’d probably be a basket case by now. We are so very blessed to have this community and even more so that it is filled with such amazing people. 💗💗💗
Being able to juggle daily life, stress and worry is a great (albeit unfortunate) skill to possess. Just means you‘re highly adaptable when the going gets tough 💖

You said it best! You’re doing everything in your power for both girls. It’s now up to Grumpy to keep eating, basking, pooping, hissing and biting at you like sassy, healthy girl would. It’s also up to Stella to do what she does naturally, but sitting butt-down in her bin is a great sign!

In regards to this community being a blessing, I could not agree more. We’re rooting for all three of you!

Progress...keep it up Stella!
Sweet Grumpy...lets go, girl.
@MissSkittles ....you're doing everything possible for them all!
☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻 what @kinyonga said!

Being able to juggle daily life, stress and worry is a great (albeit unfortunate) skill to possess. Just means you‘re highly adaptable when the going gets tough 💖
I don’t know so much about that. Here’s a good one for ya.
I was concerned that Sweet Grumpy was sending out stress vibrations that Stella was picking up on and not laying as a result. I asked @kinyonga & @jannb about moving one and which one…they both agreed it would be best to move Stella. Well, my stressed out and badly sleep deprived brain got the simplest thing all wrong and I moved Grumpy. I didn’t even realize it until many many hours later. I got a bad case of the stupids. :oops:

I don’t know so much about that. Here’s a good one for ya.
I was concerned that Sweet Grumpy was sending out stress vibrations that Stella was picking up on and not laying as a result. I asked @kinyonga & @jannb about moving one and which one…they both agreed it would be best to move Stella. Well, my stressed out and badly sleep deprived brain got the simplest thing all wrong and I moved Grumpy. I didn’t even realize it until many many hours later. I got a bad case of the stupids. :oops:
Noooo! No you didn’t. That’s just you being overwhelmed. Grumpy forgives you in her own sassy way! Your stress isn’t funny in the least but the way you worded it was pretty hilarious. 😂

I did some absolutely ridiculous things this last month while trying to get my cham better. It happens! We can only take so much. 🙏🏻

Yay! Stella has finished laying! Gave her some fat juicy silkworms and an extra misting and now my lovely lady can bask and recover from her toils.
Sweet Grumpy is the same - basking, eating, pooping, moving around and hissing. She’s still on the Baytril, but I’ve stopped giving the extra fluids. I think that may have been part of her bloating.

And now for the big question...how many eggs did Stella lay??
I hope Sweet Grumpy is on the mend!
Yes, I am very curious about that too. I’m planning on removing the bin after she’s gone to sleep. In the past both girls clutches have been in the mid to high 30’s, so that’s about what I’m expecting again. She really wasn’t that big though, so maybe there will be a pleasant surprise.

Stella didn’t do too bad…26 eggs. With any luck it’ll be at least another year before she lays again. Now I know that she is very particular about her lay bin, it will certainly make it go much smoother next time.
3B0A8FE4-A72D-4D62-A347-F87A4462D3A3.jpeg

Yay! Stella has finished laying! Gave her some fat juicy silkworms and an extra misting and now my lovely lady can bask and recover from her toils.
Sweet Grumpy is the same - basking, eating, pooping, moving around and hissing. She’s still on the Baytril, but I’ve stopped giving the extra fluids. I think that may have been part of her bloating.
Yes!! So glad to hear it!

My Sweet Grumpy seems to be feeling better today. She just about lunged off her branch at me when I went to give her medication. Such an improvement from when she closed her eyes and shut down! Perfectly white urates and big poos daily…yay! She’s still looking a bit bloated, but not as much as the other day. Still very thin and pale, but I think I see a little improvement.
Stella is recovering nicely…basking and more interested in food than biting me. Poor girl spent almost a week restlessly roaming her enclosure and I didn’t feed her for fear of disturbing her laying process.

YAY!!!
Happy Let Go GIF by Jamie N Commons

My sweet Grumpy had her follow up appointment yesterday afternoon and I just heard about her blood work...all of her levels are wayyy down to almost normal! Her hematocrit which was 9 is now up to 16 and her white blood cell count has gone from 59K to 17K. I’ve been so very worried about my sweet girl. Her weight went from 91 Gms to 107 Gms in just 2 weeks, which really has scared me. A repeat X Ray yesterday showed no eggs or any other changes. Dr Bruce believes (after getting her recent labs) that she’s just gained weight from the daily feeding. Her face still looks a bit thin, but not so gaunt anymore. I’m to return to her previous feeding schedule, but think I’ll be giving her an extra bug or two for awhile.
Here’s my little honey from today.
F4852C27-E556-4D84-9734-C45EC0A9D255.jpeg

Vs what she looked like on March 31.
8108ECAF-DC7E-48AC-AEAB-5823201CFF0F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom