Still hasn't laid eggs.

MRogers1

20170726_153602.jpg 20170726_153610.jpg Well it has been over a month and still no eggs, she just keeps getting bigger and today she ate 6 large crickets. Just hangs out basking all day stopped scratching at the bottom of enclosure three weeks ago. I'm at a loss. I hope nothing happens to her.

She is a beautiful girl. Do you have a good chameleon vet? If she were mine I'd get her checked out and get an x-ray. She may need oxytocin or possibably even surgery if she gets egg bound and not all reptile vets are successful with the surgery.

If you need help finding a vet, tell me where you live and I'll see if I can locate one for you.

Thank you, I think she beautiful too. I live in southern California, Canyon Lake to be exact. If you can recommend a good vet in the area that would be great. How long can she go without laying before she becomes egg bound?

There's an excellent vet in Yorba Linda. You should be fairly close to Dr. Tom Greek. He has been treating chameleons for years and use to keep chameleons himself. I met him about 10 years ago and was impressed with his knowledge. I'll get his info for you.

How long can she go without laying before she becomes egg bound?

If only it was that easy to answer. Sometimes the only way to know if she is OK is to have a vet take x-rays, and even then it may be a guessing game. The most important thing is to have the necessary things available so she will feel comfortable when it is time to lay. I hope she lays soon with no major issues.

In addition to whats been said...if she shows signs (lethargy, sitting low in the cage, sleeping during the day, phantom laying, etc ) of eggbinding get her to a vet right away. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom