Please help me!!!!!

tish

I have a 3 to all most 4 year old viel chameleon and she stopped eating about 4 weeks now laid eggs last week still hasnt ate anything doesn't want crickets or worms or nothing isnt drinking and now i wake up and she keeps just hanging upside down very lethargic. Please help losing alot of weight.

Hello and welcome. I am sorry to hear your little lady isnt feeling well. Can you send pictures of her and please include pictures of your complete set up including her lights?

Below is a form, please copy and paste it and then answer all the questions. The more information you can provide the better :)

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with, and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long do you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high-traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem -

Hi. Sorry your sweet girl isn’t doing well. When she laid her eggs, had she completely covered up her tunnel? How many did she lay? There’s fear that she may not have been able to get them all out for one reason or another. This sounds like an emergency to me and I advise getting her in to a good vet immediately - no waiting! When you call the vet, do let them know it is an emergency and she may be egg bound.

I've attached a spreadsheet that has a list of exotic vets with chameleon experience here. This list was made from recommendations from others on this forum.

Please let us know what else we can do!

Attachments

• Exotic Vet Recomendations - U.S.A..pdf
    151.7 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom