Sticky tongue farms

What should I use from them for indoor only chams

Right now I use repashy but appaerenlty it isn't too good

Calcium without d3 daily
Calcium with medium amount of d3 2 times a month
Multivitamins 2 times a month
All repashy

Whats the problem with repashy? You could get indoor and outdoor. Use outdoor daily and indoor a couple of times a month. This could change based on your sun exposure.

Both Repashy and Sticky Tongue Farms are great brands to use and you use 90% of supply a the same way. I like to to use multiple products, sticking to ones I use most frequently, but then using the other brands once in a while, to ensure things are well rounded, optimally absorbed, more vitamins and minerals.

I definitely recommend them! I'm one of a lot of old folks in this community that was around when sticky tongues Farms was a Import and Export of chameleons..Yes there sold chameleons... my first pair of chameleons were Panthers that came from them back in the early 1990s...

Also been using it since the 90's, extended family members always got good health markers from the vet, reguardless of lights used. Indoor has very low dose d3 so i technically use just it and dont rotate with high dose 3d/no d3 some some do with other supliments.

Also been using it since the 90's, extended family members always got good health markers from the vet, reguardless of lights used. Indoor has very low dose d3 so i technically use just it and dont rotate with high dose 3d/no d3 some some do with other supliments.
So miner all in door can be used almost every feeding?

Yes it depends on what species you have but they made the product thinking of chams and the d3 is low compared to another products.
Ok awesome. I have a Panther, I have used it about every 3 feedings but I will dust every other feeding now knowing this new info. Thanks

Ok awesome. I have a Panther, I have used it about every 3 feedings but I will dust every other feeding now knowing this new info. Thanks
Yes follow the instructions depending on the age of your cham. Also if he is kept outside he may not need as much. Sun is always better :)

I had a nice write up several years ago, but here is a quick break down.

repashy SuperCal calcium low/med/high formulas D3
10,000 IU/lb.
25,000 IU/lb
50,000 IU/lb

miner _all Indoor
d3 4,400.00 IU/lb

As you can see minerall has drastically lower d3. As far as dosage, i think sticky recommends every feeding for babies, every other for teens, and every 3rd feeding for adults.

There is also a high ranking member/breeder here who grinds his own pure calcium and raises his chams with stock florescent with no uv, and does 100% d3 supplementing. Might want to shoot him a PM.

I had a nice write up several years ago, but here is a quick break down.

repashy SuperCal calcium low/med/high formulas D3
10,000 IU/lb.
25,000 IU/lb
50,000 IU/lb

miner _all Indoor
d3 4,400.00 IU/lb

As you can see minerall has drastically lower d3. As far as dosage, i think sticky recommends every feeding for babies, every other for teens, and every 3rd feeding for adults.

There is also a high ranking member/breeder here who grinds his own pure calcium and raises his chams with stock florescent with no uv, and does 100% d3 supplementing. Might want to shoot him a PM.
So this might be a du,b question but what do those numbers and letters mean. Like what is 4400 iu/lb?

So this might be a du,b question but what do those numbers and letters mean. Like what is 4400 iu/lb?
IU
The IU is an International Unit, usually used to measure fat soluble vitamins including Vitamin A, D and E.
The conversion of IU to mg varies depending on the nutrient.
One microgram of Vitamin D = 40IU

4400 iu/lb
That is the concentration. international units per pound. In other words repashy high has 12 times as much d3 in it as sticky's does.

IU
The IU is an International Unit, usually used to measure fat soluble vitamins including Vitamin A, D and E.

4400 iu/lb
That is the concentration. international units per pound. In other words repashy high has 12 times as much d3 in it as sticky's does.

calium powder is very low concentrate, else it would be very easy to kill someone with it. It would only take like a jellybean worth of pure calcium to put someone in the hospital.

IU

4400 iu/lb
Wait so what is the recommended for a chameleon, I have the medium amount of that is too much I will go to the store a switch right away

Back
Top Bottom