Sticky tongue farms.

Kaizen

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’m looking for folks who use sticky tongue farms miner-all and vit-all as their supplements, and have been using it for some time. If you use these supplements and would like to share your views, please let me know by replying, or pm me.

@nightanole

I am actually going from it to acadia, i used it for the past 10 month and have noticed my male has gotten more dull colors since starting it. I like that it was a all in one and you didnt need to worry about d3, but just doesnt seem to be as good as acadia.

Been using it since the 1990's. Its the only calcium powder i have. So every feeding they get a bit of D3. Vet visits always had good blood work and bone density. The vit-all is not really useful. Its meant to be fed to small birds/mamals as a gut load. You cant " powder" feeders with it.

Im old school and use http://www.repcal.com/supp.htm Herptivite.

But i hear this "preformed doesnt cause buildup but proformed does" is an urban legend that got debunked like 20 years ago. So odds are when the new chameleon comes, ill be getting some repashy SuperVite as it contains both pre and pro formed vit A. Right now the tegu is on Calcium Plus (lives in a hole and only gets UVB a few hours a day) but its too high in D3 for a cham.

I am actually going from it to acadia, i used it for the past 10 month and have noticed my male has gotten more dull colors since starting it. I like that it was a all in one and you didnt need to worry about d3, but just doesnt seem to be as good as acadia.

The colors should be from the vitamin selection. mineral all is just calcium, a bit of trace elements, and a bit of D3.

Been using it since the 1990's. Its the only calcium powder i have. So every feeding they get a bit of D3. Vet visits always had good blood work and bone density. The vit-all is not really useful. Its meant to be fed to small birds/mamals as a gut load. You cant " powder" feeders with it.

Im old school and use http://www.repcal.com/supp.htm Herptivite.

But i hear this "preformed doesnt cause buildup but proformed does" is an urban legend that got debunked like 20 years ago. So odds are when the new chameleon comes, ill be getting some repashy SuperVite as it contains both pre and pro formed vit A. Right now the tegu is on Calcium Plus (lives in a hole and only gets UVB a few hours a day) but its too high in D3 for a cham.
Thanks @nightanole, I appreciate the input.

Another thing about cham colors, panthers at least, they tend to cycle from dull to vibrant throughout the year. That's normal IME.

I use miner-all no complaints!

@nightanole quoted... "preformed doesnt cause buildup but proformed does"....this is backwards...prEformed (retinoid) does build up and prOformed (carotenoid) doesn't.

provitamin A carotenoids such as beta-carotene that are converted to retinol.

And forever it will be backwards in my post... I should have just stated you cant OD on beta carotene...

So that is what is in Arcadia, the carotenoid one, meaning it is good correct?

Both are good. There was a flawed study back in the 1990's by one person, the only study of its kind. And people took it as gospel(and marketed the hell out of it in products) that you should only use beta-carotene. That study has long been debunked. So now in the last 10-15 years you have seen prEformed (retinoid) included in vitamins. So most of the newer formulas have both. Even arcadia. But you have to do a bit of detective work to figure out which ingredient is the preformed, its not called "vitamin A" or "retinol".

I believe most are " Retinyl acetate,a natural form of vitamin A which is the acetate ester of retinol. "

Then there is the on going research on how much beta-carotene chameleons can convert to retinol. Some folks say they cant convert it at all, and some folks say dont give the retinol due to buildup. So i guess for now a vitamin with a mix of both is best :)

Last edited:
provitamin A carotenoids such as beta-carotene that are converted to retinol.

And forever it will be backwards in my post... I should have just stated you cant OD on beta carotene...
You can ask the moderator to change your post and then delete mine if they want to.

Back
Top Bottom