Stick insect care/feeding?

The leaves are much smaller than regular roses and the stems are more lanky. If you find jaggers in your area that are not raspberries, you probably found rose. I'm not seeing flowers on my roses right now. Not sure if we are early or late.
growing-wild-roses-82326988-1280.jpg
The roses are similar to knock out roses, but those don’t have any berries on them.

Okay gotcha. Could any of you critique my stick set up? I know it's pathetic right now, I wanted to see how the sticks took to the oak and raspberry I have in a glass jar filled with water. Does the cage need filled out? It's pretty big 24x24x36... I need to set up some sort of drainage too. I hear these guys like water. I sprayed down all the surfaces and plan to do that 2x a day. I have an air circulating fan in the corner of the room and a window open. It's in my Parsons room which gets pretty humid as is. I might angle a mister to over spray slightly so when my cham gets water they get water as well. Any tips would be great!

Attachments

• 20180718_164253.jpg
    20180718_164253.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20180718_164218.jpg
    20180718_164218.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 86
  • 20180718_164229.jpg
    20180718_164229.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20180718_164208.jpg
    20180718_164208.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 89
Nothing wrong with that. Didn't know you already had them. I don't mist as often as I should. I sometime miss a few days at a time. The Vietnamese are pretty forgiving.

They just arrived today. I've read the gigantea need a spraying down. These guys seem pretty healthy and active. Hopefully they work out for me. Wasnt sure if I should add more branches or change anything.

So I think this is my last question... for now... how do I know if they are eating? They are fairly small still and I have a lot of food relative to their size in there. When I check on them they're pretty much just standing still, like sticks lol. Should I have air blowing on the leaves? Or what is a good measure of their health? They look great, I can tell nick barta takes good care of them. I've just read a few things that the nymphs of gigantea can be a little picky. Not sure how to distinguish normal behavior.

Funny thing with my sticks is I won't see much food gone then the leaves will be gone over night. I think they eat the most after a molt. All you can really do is look for little bites on edges of leaves. Never had any problems with Vietnamese eating.

How many nymphs did you get? Do they have male and females?

Back
Top Bottom