Steve - 7 months - Nosy Be

Sarahcwilson

I had Steve out on his palm at school (teachers are doing report cards and kids get the day off - I was obviously NOT procrastinating, haha). His colors were looking really good today! I got a new full spectrum light for his plants and he seems to really like it. I don't know how to explain it; he just looked "happy" today. :)

Anyway, here you go. The others I took were fuzzy, so, just one! :)

Attachments

• Pop.JPG
    Pop.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 195
He is a gorgeous looking little Be that's for sure.
What are the details of the full spectrum light you got for his plants? I really want to put a nice light up for my boys freerange but I am having a hard time choosing!

He is a gorgeous looking little Be that's for sure.
What are the details of the full spectrum light you got for his plants? I really want to put a nice light up for my boys freerange but I am having a hard time choosing!

ReptiGeek: I ended up using a T8 "Reveal" full spectrum light and a DIY housing from Lowe's for it, but it's not very bright. I found out today that for the same price, I could have gotten a T5 full spectrum light and the housing for it. The T5 seems a lot brighter and I guess it's cooler to the touch and uses less power. But, who knows if Steve would like it more? :)

Also, thanks everybody for the compliments! He makes my heart smile. :D I'm a nerd, I know!

ReptiGeek: I ended up using a T8 "Reveal" full spectrum light and a DIY housing from Lowe's for it, but it's not very bright. I found out today that for the same price, I could have gotten a T5 full spectrum light and the housing for it. The T5 seems a lot brighter and I guess it's cooler to the touch and uses less power. But, who knows if Steve would like it more? :)

Also, thanks everybody for the compliments! He makes my heart smile. :D I'm a nerd, I know!
I have been thinking about making the switch to T5, but if I were to do it I'd want my UVB lights in T5 as well and they just aren't popular at all in Canada. I think I might take a yonder up to my local hardware store and see if I can find a full spectrum light and fixture, thanks for the suggestion :)

:) Of course! This is random, but I know a lot of people in Canada and I'm proud that I know what ketchup chips are. We don't carry them here in the states but they really do taste like ketchup! ;)

In the US I guess the closest thing we have to ketchup chips are BBQ flavored. I've seen the ketchup chips before and scratched my head on that one.

Back
Top Bottom