Stella the Hedgehog

Rocky

Established Member
We had the hedgehog out playing today and got some pictures of her that I though I would share with everyone. She is a very interesting creature :)

Kinda rough on the hands when she's in a bad mood though.

Attachments

• IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 178
they are good pets. Stella runs around and plays all the time. I wouldnt suggest if you have dogs, but my dogs are find with her. I just say that because if you let them run around the dogs will probably get a little to curious

When she is calm her spikes lay down and you can pet her and they dont hurt at all. its only when she gets scared that they poke out.

She's adorable!
I often see them for sale here and wondered if they made good pets. Does she mind being handled? or is she more of a interesting to look at type pet?

She's adorable!
I often see them for sale here and wondered if they made good pets. Does she mind being handled? or is she more of a interesting to look at type pet?

at the beginning she was a little rough to handle because the place we got her from didnt touch her at all, but now she loves to be handled.

I have been lucky to own two hedgehogs. A male and female who had babies. I had to sell all the babies. The female died about a year ago she was a sweetheart and the male was a grump. I gave back to the breeder so that she could use him as a stud. The male was named Gandalf and the female was named Pepperann. I entered the male into a hedgehog show and he placed second. Here are some pics.

Pepperann with her babies

l_b636dff721d785a758dd02e7dc6d37b4.jpg

Gandalf

l_f5d79f8a4072614bf5872bc26ecb47d3.jpg

l_09f73b3c3b6c07db5c31dc98264ca03c.jpg

l_c41baa412ec25fc7a2aa22d4d2026765.jpg

Awww!!! Cuteness overload!

I adore hedgehogs. Got to care for four of them while working at the zooand someday might own one...when we have a lot more room. :) (15 snakes, a skink, and a cham take up a lot of space in a 2 bdrm apt)

But my BF also loves hedgies, and we already know what we would call them: Koosh or Snitch(for a blonde) :D

Gandalf, BTW, earned that second place. He's adorable. :)

I had a hedgie a couple years ago named Trigger. I have to say I don't think I would ever own another one. Dealing with the poopy wheel was not a fun chore. You have to constantly clean it, and they don't smell very nice. Very cute pets though. :)

Back
Top Bottom