Start of my dragon strand ClearSide.

pmdaggett79

Done for tonight, still got a lot of work to do and this is going to change probably 5 times in the next year but after an hour my dude seems curious and happy. One note though. He sees his reflection and just stares at himself. Every other time he sees himself he bows up like he’s ready to fight himself. I sprayed the upper areas and the beads of water kind of block out the reflection. Anyway so far so good
D20A7540-009D-4630-96A9-F5D2B36EFBFA.jpeg
DD2346A6-D954-45D9-9991-5094B5E020E7.jpeg

Yayyyy it is coming together. You might try putting the heat lamp in the back left corner against the screen side. It seems like when the misters are aimed more at the clearside it does create a bit of a reflection. I ended up pointing mine more towards the center of the enclosure to do away with the beading on the clearside as well as pushing the heat to the back left corner. Then I ran my uvb lighting down the center. The umbrella looks great!
It is so funny to me how in pictures these don't look near as big as they really are!

Yayyyy it is coming together. You might try putting the heat lamp in the back left corner against the screen side. It seems like when the misters are aimed more at the clearside it does create a bit of a reflection. I ended up pointing mine more towards the center of the enclosure to do away with the beading on the clearside as well as pushing the heat to the back left corner. Then I ran my uvb lighting down the center. The umbrella looks great!
It is so funny to me how in pictures these don't look near as big as they really are!
You are so right. Their huge! Getting my 12% Arcadia lights hopefully by the end of the week

Update on the ClearSide. Still afraid to use the ledge on the pvc clear material. The screen side is loaded down with the best deal I’ve ever gotten for a pothos. Still much more work to do but it’s better than before. The lights from lightyourreptiles are legitimately the best out there. Todd is an awesome person and business owner. Overall I can say the investment has been worth it . However, I’d sure like to get my money back for the crappy stuff the chain pet stores sold me. The cost of crappy and useless stuff outweighed what they should have been selling in the first place

AC8BD752-AE6F-4FE3-81E4-1EF19CB7665B.jpeg
159A16C7-8B5C-408E-953B-6C4826BFB077.jpeg

Update on the ClearSide. Still afraid to use the ledge on the pvc clear material. The screen side is loaded down with the best deal I’ve ever gotten for a pothos. Still much more work to do but it’s better than before. The lights from lightyourreptiles are legitimately the best out there. Todd is an awesome person and business owner. Overall I can say the investment has been worth it . However, I’d sure like to get my money back for the crappy stuff the chain pet stores sold me. The cost of crappy and useless stuff outweighed what they should have been selling in the first place

View attachment 225245View attachment 225246
Looking great! Beman tries to climb the clearside too. LOL too funny. You may want to switch your heat lamp to the left screen side. It can build quite a bit of humidity in that area when it is in the clearside corner. I was getting really high levels when I tried it. Like into the 80's and 90's. Are you putting in more horizontal vines as well?

It’s now on its new stand, not exactly proportional to the size of the enclosure but I made it work regardless. It’s incredibly hard to find a stand or cabinet that is at least 24” deep. At least I can reach the top now without having to stand on a ladder lol
23EBC13B-7FB2-46A5-A519-C1996D08260F.jpeg

Looking great! Beman tries to climb the clearside too. LOL too funny. You may want to switch your heat lamp to the left screen side. It can build quite a bit of humidity in that area when it is in the clearside corner. I was getting really high levels when I tried it. Like into the 80's and 90's. Are you putting in more horizontal vines as well?
I can’t get the humidity past 70% but I did move it closer to the center. As far as vertical vines my creativity is not that great so I may need some help there

I can’t get the humidity past 70% but I did move it closer to the center. As far as vertical vines my creativity is not that great so I may need some help there
Good as far as humidity you don't want it higher then 70%. As far as horizontal lines just start twisting them in all over you can hook twist them into each other as your going so they are bracing each other as well. That is what I did.

Back
Top Bottom