Springtails

wow so does everyone still believe that the benefits from the spring tails is worth the risk of being on Discovery channels monsters inside me.
Does anyone know of an alternative bug to take there place in cleaning?
Isopods. :)

Places where i got my springtail and isopods

I got my springtail (tropical) from a local shop and one of the members from Dendraboard (temeperate variant), Seeing how I was going to wait awhile for some cb Pygmies I might acquire some more types of springtail (like giant kind which twice the size of pin head cricket, and the blue kind) to seed my terrarium and maybe to use a alternative food source should i pop out some baby pygmies.

As for isopods I picked up some white dwarf isopods from doubleds.org and got some orange isopods as a bonus (went to his place and picked up my order). I am planning to pick up 2 cultures of common stripe isopods (this guys are just a bit larger than the white isopods and supposedly more active) and jungle isopods (smaller than white dwarf) from another member of the dendraboard for clean up duty and snack item for the pygmies

I got my springtail (tropical) from a local shop and one of the members from Dendraboard (temeperate variant), Seeing how I was going to wait awhile for some cb Pygmies I might acquire some more types of springtail (like giant kind which twice the size of pin head cricket, and the blue kind) to seed my terrarium and maybe to use a alternative food source should i pop out some baby pygmies.

As for isopods I picked up some white dwarf isopods from doubleds.org and got some orange isopods as a bonus (went to his place and picked up my order). I am planning to pick up 2 cultures of common stripe isopods (this guys are just a bit larger than the white isopods and supposedly more active) and jungle isopods (smaller than white dwarf) from another member of the dendraboard for clean up duty and snack item for the pygmies

I am having springtails and isopods being delivered by Peter with bugsincyberspace.com (great place and great service)! I am just curious now, how many of each do I put in my pygmy cage (18x18x24)? They came in large amounts (50 springtails and 15 isopods), do I put them all in, some? Do I need to keep some and exchange them on occasion? Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom