Spraying your Cham Directly when Misting?

bigant25

Hello, perhaps some of you can relate,... my cham HATES when i spray him direct with the spray bottle while I am misting his enclosure(3x-4X/day). I have started to use WARM water which he doesnt mind as much, but he still hates it. I have noticed in alot of these AWESOME pictures that get posted on here the chameleons are dripping wet (like they just got sprayed down or came out of the shower)...

Is there any benefit to spraying your chameleon down and soaking him when you mist the enclosure? IF so how often should i spray (shower) my chameleon? DO you guys spray yours everyday?

Is there any negative results to NOT spraying my guy down? he drinks often and is always super hydrated, eats like a pig, and seems to be thriving, but i tend to avoid spraying him direct and wetting him down because he hates it, so he never gets soaked down.

Any helpful advice/(educated opinion) is appreciated...

How often do you spray your chameleon down from head to toe??

Why do you do this?? is there any proven benefit ?? Do you chams hate it when they get sprayed? (close there eyes and duck out of the way?)

Thanks for your help

Some sprayers produce a fine mist and some produce a very hard spray. Try to find a mister that produces fog rather than droplets.

I have the same issue. Currently I have a pump pressure sprayer which she tends to dislike. I plan on getting a fogger but for now I do this. I hold up the bottle where she can see and then give it a quick pulse of a spray. This tells he what is happening and if she runs into her plant she does not want to get wet. After a few moments I continue spraying. Really predictability is key.

Hello, perhaps some of you can relate,... my cham HATES when i spray him direct with the spray bottle while I am misting his enclosure(3x-4X/day). I have started to use WARM water which he doesnt mind as much, but he still hates it. I have noticed in alot of these AWESOME pictures that get posted on here the chameleons are dripping wet (like they just got sprayed down or came out of the shower)...

Is there any benefit to spraying your chameleon down and soaking him when you mist the enclosure? IF so how often should i spray (shower) my chameleon? DO you guys spray yours everyday?

Is there any negative results to NOT spraying my guy down? he drinks often and is always super hydrated, eats like a pig, and seems to be thriving, but i tend to avoid spraying him direct and wetting him down because he hates it, so he never gets soaked down.

Any helpful advice/(educated opinion) is appreciated...

How often do you spray your chameleon down from head to toe??

Why do you do this?? is there any proven benefit ?? Do you chams hate it when they get sprayed? (close there eyes and duck out of the way?)

Thanks for your help

This is very common. If there is a lot of foliage in the cage that he can drink from, climb through and get wet on his own (and start cleaning his eyes when he's ready) there's no real reason to spray him directly. I'm sure a cham in the wild would not sit out in rain, but would retreat to a shrub where the direct force of the rain gets reduced to drips before the cham has to deal with it. I find it helps a lot to spray the cage foliage first, then as the cham starts working its eyes and licking its lips slowly bring the mist over its head more directly. Let the cham get sort of "used" to the water before getting squirted. Imagine sticking your toe into the pool to ease into the water instead of jumping in

I make sure I spray my Panther chameleon directly everyday. I use warm water and spray my chameleons eyes gently with a stream of water so that he can rinse his eyes out. Also I will spray him directly multiple times if he's shedding.

I make sure I spray my Panther chameleon directly everyday. I use warm water and spray my chameleons eyes gently with a stream of water so that he can rinse his eyes out. Also I will spray him directly multiple times if he's shedding.
image.jpeg Do you think his skin is alittle to dry?? I don't spray him directly.

I spray my cham every day too, he also hates it. I do it with warm water because I heard that it is good for their eyes.

I spray directly as well, some like it, some don't. I feel it helps with retained sheds, eye problems etc. I have a male that seems to retain sheds on his spines once in a while, and even though he absolutely hates it, usually a few days of heavy misting helps it fall off.

I have a mistking which my Panther usually avoids because it's too cold. Every morning I use a Roundup Sprayer (from Lowes) that I fill halfway with 95 to 105 degree water. It is a heavy rain. In the beginning, I started at my chams tail and slowly worked my way up to his whole body. Now that we've been doing it for years, I still start at his tail but then just go right to his whole body. He loves it and never moves away from the spray. The sprayer is about two feet away from him and 1/2 filled lasts about ten minutes.

Deb

Back
Top Bottom