Spraying with cold or warm water for a Ficus Tree?

always water plants with warm not cool or hot water is what i was told when younger.

I mist the cage so much that I actually worry about the plants getting a chance to dry out. I almost never have to water plants in cages.
I have watered plants with well water which tends to be pretty cold with no ill effects.

i don' think it really matters. i mean, i wouldn't mist w/ ice cold water but room temp should be fine. my mistking mists w/ room temp water.

Ya but when you mist with room temp water doesnt the mist come out alot colder?

I have noticed that when I mist with room temperature water it does come out colder. I use hot water and it comes out warm.

Ya but when you mist with room temp water doesnt the mist come out alot colder?

it's not so cold that my chams run away from it. it's really not that big of a deal. i have a mistking so my water reservoir is room temp. i don't spray w/ a bottle so if i wanted to spray warm water, i would have to install an inline water heater. keeping a submerged water heater in the reservoir is not recommended as it can cause and grow bacteria in the water reservoir.

I have noticed that when I mist with room temperature water it does come out colder. I use hot water and it comes out warm.

do you use an automated mister like a mistking or aquazamp or a hand sprayer. even when i use a hand sprayer for when i take my chams outside, i just use room temp water.

Back
Top Bottom