Spraying for insects

MollyT

We are staying at my mother-in-law's apartment at the moment while the landlord finishes our new house. We got a note today telling us that tomorrow, there will be men coming around and spraying the apartments. Last time they came(before I had chams) I interrogated them about the spray, since I have 2 cats, and he said it was nothing to worry about as far as pets. But now I am really worried about my little Kush. He's only 3 months old. They spray in the kitchen and bathroom. I would put him outside, but the weather is pretty cold. Would he be okay in another room. Since it's only harmful to insects(so the exterminator says) should I be this concerned? Please give me some advice!

What kind of species is your chameleon? Sorry, I couldn't tell which species you have in your avatar photo. What's the temperature outside your house?

I've never had that problem..my guess if during the day the temp is above 70 degrees he'll be ok for the day not at night...put him out side until the house is safe..or keep him in a room where there's no poison..

He is a veiled. I know it isn't necessarily the same, but people have birds and stuff here and the spray doesn't bother them. I just checked the forecast and the high today is 52F! I can't put him in that! I guess I will just have to put him in the room farthest from the kitchen and bathroom.

That is what I would do, I would also put a fan below his cage to help keep and smells or whatever away from him. Birds are pretty sensitive, they they are ok, hopefully he will be too. Any friends you and he could visit for the day?

My house is sprayed professionally, I am able to put my chams outside during the day for the 4 hours we are not allowed back in the house. If you can't take them to a friend or family member's home, maybe take them to work with you? Or you can put them in your vehicle and go for a ride. The bug people should be able to give you a time frame of when you and your animals can safely return. Good luck!

I have temporary 'cham' cages that I can travel with, if they need to come with me in emergencies, etc.

I have a monthly exterminator come to my house (great for escaped crickets) and I was assured that it was safe. I have had chams for 6-7 years now and the exterminator comes once a month and have never had a problem with my chams, even the babies.

I dont care how "safe" they say the posion is, I would leave the house and take my animals with me to a friends place for at least 24 hours. Hotel if necessary. Open all windows and air it out for a few hours before I returned.

Back
Top Bottom