Spray water

Highway61

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have a 7 month Jacksons in a 2x2x4 Reptibreeze that doesn't have a mistking. I mist twice a day and he's always been well hyrdated. But I've noticed if I spray him, he reacts much like if someone were to spray me in the face :eek: Do most chams act this way or do they have more of a "bring it on" attitude? The spray water, btw is never fresh from the tap so it may be cool but not cold.

I have a 7 month Jacksons in a 2x2x4 Reptibreeze that doesn't have a mistking. I mist twice a day and he's always been well hyrdated. But I've noticed if I spray him, he reacts much like if someone were to spray me in the face :eek: Do most chams act this way or do they have more of a "bring it on" attitude? The spray water, btw is never fresh from the tap so it may be cool but not cold.
Both my chameleons didn’t like being sprayed at first but now my female with take it and it’s super cute. Larry still hides but once and awhile he will take it if he needs to clean his eyes

In wild Madagascar..when it start to rain..some of the chams start seeking for shelter(leaves.tree branches...)
Other chams will just licking all the water drops as much as they can.
So every single chams has their own attitude..as far as all my cham from the past...I only spray them with lukewarm water mist on the leaf or wherever they can get their drink on.

I have a mist king and it's awesome but my cham would beg to differ. If he's caught in front of it when it goes off he acts like he's being sprayed with acid.

Okay, so you have one too! I wouldn't be surprised if you were to notice he stays clear of the mistking nozzles at all times now, lol!

So well like you said they do pretty much have the same reaction we would as people when comes to getting rained on we run and find a spot to get out of it or use a umbrella. And if your using a spray bottle that doesn’t make it the best option just imagine how you would feel. If at all possible look into getting a misting system this will not only save you from worrying about having to spray down your cage but your Cham will also like the difference of having a very fine mist.

The only time Beman will actually go into the mist from the mistking is in the afternoon when he is his warmest. Otherwise he hates it and runs if he is standing in front of it when it goes off.

So well like you said they do pretty much have the same reaction we would as people when comes to getting rained on we run and find a spot to get out of it or use a umbrella. And if your using a spray bottle that doesn’t make it the best option just imagine how you would feel. If at all possible look into getting a misting system this will not only save you from worrying about having to spray down your cage but your Cham will also like the difference of having a very fine mist.

He gets a fine mist with the pressure sprayer I use. And he still hates it :mad:

Lol...thats a beautiful big mister bottle...
Dont be angry..lets just blame on his mama Jackson who had him since he was a tiny slug or the water God of Jackson.

I'm not the one angry, just wanted to make sure that if the cham gets misted directly that it's not a bad thing. That's all :)

I'm not the one angry, just wanted to make sure that if the cham gets misted directly that it's not a bad thing. That's all :)
No worry...I totally understand ur point of view...I mist on my baby chams all the time before with tiny fine lukewarm water...n some ran like ants n some stood there like a statue in the water fountain.:)
media.nl_id=13599&c=438328&h=a42529fcb19b12ebd500.cf.jpg

I think most prefer not to be misted directly. You can mist in the area they are in and if they want to go into it they will. You never want to mist directly when they are shedding because this causes the shed to stick back to the skin. They need the layer of air between the shed and the skin.

I just had to buy a new one. Mine keeps leaking water everywhere. Honestly I don’t think you NEED a mistaking. If you home a lot a pressure mister is fine. I have two chameleons witch is why I finally decided to get a climist.
I had to do the mistking because every time I would open the cage door Beman thought it was time to get out. Made it a little difficult to actually spray. I do like the fact that the mist king produces a much finer mist then the pressurized bottle.

I'd say it depends on the cham, they all have different personalities. Kobas learned the time when the mistking comes on, he'll sit and wait for it to come on. Meanwhile he hates when I use the hand mister and hides under leaves.

I'd say it depends on the cham, they all have different personalities. Kobas learned the time when the mistking comes on, he'll sit and wait for it to come on. Meanwhile he hates when I use the hand mister and hides under leaves.

So for Kobas, mistking=good, hand sprayer=bad. I wonder if this is because the mistking has a finer spray? (if it does, I don't have one)

Does my little Jack look good as far as being hydrated adaquatly? I'm still new and learning so I appreciate the feedback.

IMG_1471.JPG IMG_1474.JPG IMG_1477.JPG

Back
Top Bottom