Spiny Dino help!!!

I am not sure about the nozzle... Maybe if you could drill a big enough hole in the thing that is holding the plants and aim it at the plants correctly? Then you could thread it through... kind of like when you make a hole in the screening? Make sure you have a good drainage system so the mist from the mistking doesn't ruin your floors. Having a dripper would be good for him too I think once you find out his preferred plant. As far as mounting the light, can you attach it to the ceiling with hooks? I think there are some sort of mounting brackets you can use with LYR lights that work the best? Might want to ask Todd at LYR.

He definitely still looks bad. The colors he's throwing off look like grumpy colors, but his spine area looks like it's filled out a bit which I assume is from a bit of misting not sure? Hoping so. His eyes still looks horrible but that could be from a combination of dehydration and maybe something irritating his eyes. They could not be as bad of sign as dehydration as expected. Ryker pulls in his eyes sometimes almost as deep when he is uncomfortable or they are particularly bothering him that day, and I know he's hydrated, it's just his eyes have issues that cause him to protect them sometimes more than other. Hoping for the best <3

I would assume there are mounting brackets you can get at homedepot? Just not sure which are the best..

I am not sure about the nozzle... Maybe if you could drill a big enough hole in the thing that is holding the plants and aim it at the plants correctly? Then you could thread it through... kind of like when you make a hole in the screening? Make sure you have a good drainage system so the mist from the mistking doesn't ruin your floors. Having a dripper would be good for him too I think once you find out his preferred plant. As far as mounting the light, can you attach it to the ceiling with hooks? I think there are some sort of mounting brackets you can use with LYR lights that work the best? Might want to ask Todd at LYR.

He definitely still looks bad. The colors he's throwing off look like grumpy colors, but his spine area looks like it's filled out a bit which I assume is from a bit of misting not sure? Hoping so. His eyes still looks horrible but that could be from a combination of dehydration and maybe something irritating his eyes. They could not be as bad of sign as dehydration as expected. Ryker pulls in his eyes sometimes almost as deep when he is uncomfortable or they are particularly bothering him that day, and I know he's hydrated, it's just his eyes have issues that cause him to protect them sometimes more than other. Hoping for the best <3
that is a very good idea for the misting i am going to go see about that right now. and yes i plan on using ceiling hooks just trying to figure out how to get it to mount on it as i dont know if i should wait for LYR to send me some mounts.

I have used andee'a idea about the mist nozzles and I think it works great I have two double nozzles that will be used in this setup so the whole free range is covered lots of water lol. And as for the light I am going to get two hooks tomorrow morning and put them in the ceiling and hang the light from there so pretty much everything I can think of is covered now besides heat. Still thinking oh how to get two basking spots setup on opposite ends for him.

I have used andee'a idea about the mist nozzles and I think it works great I have two double nozzles that will be used in this setup so the whole free range is covered lots of water lol. And as for the light I am going to get two hooks tomorrow morning and put them in the ceiling and hang the light from there so pretty much everything I can think of is covered now besides heat. Still thinking oh how to get two basking spots setup on opposite ends for him.

Attachments

• IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 91
Have you kind of anchored the misting nozzle? If not find a way to make sure it doesn't just suddenly fall off. In my opinion a good application of strong duck tape will work great ^^ considering this is all being done within a span of like 48 hours or so, you are doing a really great job of getting his needs met! I hope he makes it because he could very well turn around in the new conditions

Have you kind of anchored the misting nozzle? If not find a way to make sure it doesn't just suddenly fall off. In my opinion a good application of strong duck tape will work great ^^ considering this is all being done within a span of like 48 hours or so, you are doing a really great job of getting his needs met! I hope he makes it because he could very well turn around in the new conditions
Yeah that hole was hard to drill through and the nozzle went it very smug it was hard to get in and I made sure that it can't fall off if he were to get on it or something. But thank you I am trying to get as good as a habitat I can for him within a 2 day period. I am sure I will expand on this free range and make it bigger and better looking but just wanted to get something livable up first.

Oh now I see, it IS actually going through the hook, so col you did that so quickly ^^. Temp for water is usually just above luke warm. You want it warm where it's going to hit him. Usually the spray gets cooler the farther out it goes. So just make sure it's just above luke warm where it will be hitting near him etc.

Long long long warm shower when he arrives and maybe some electrolytes if he will take them without too much stress. Then solitude and hydration until he doesn't look like death. (Ousties do have a more hollow-eyed look than other chams, but he did look rough in those last photos.) At that point, I would take him into the vet. If you get a fecal, at least you can know if it is parasites even if you can't treat right away. Obviously, practice really rigid quarantine with him. I'll be worried all night. Let us know when he gets there, please.

We are rooting for you, little guy :worried face:
Be careful....don't exhaust him or force too much on him at a time. He could be in organ failure and unable to process much of anything if overwhelmed....slow and gentle with water, electrolytes, handling, etc. so you don't shock the system. Many years ago I received an Oustaleti (wholesaler couldn't even identify the creature correctly let alone care for it) in this condition once, drove straight to a vet who determined to load him up with anti-parasitic meds, fluids and who knows what else, and the poor little thing just crashed. He survived about 8 hours after all that. Its possible he could also crash after a few days of good care too. Here's hoping not!

I will be taking it slow and probably won't even try to feed him until he is hydrated better I really hope he isn't to the point of organ failure .

holy cow! i got this light set up and wow is this bright! it hurts to look at it i hope they he does not mind it? do they look at the light or are they like us and think wow that kinda hurts im not going to look at that but just going to sit under it lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0744.JPG
    IMG_0744.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 59
Update everyone!!! He is alive and in the shower as we speak he is very sad looking and i am doing my best to leave him alone in the shower and check on him every 5 mins. i hope he will start getting some water! @Andee @xrowdac @philipjames11
update to the update. it looks like he is putting up a fight for his life as when i peaked my head in he has moved into a good position and looked to be getting some water. have not heard or seen any signs of a RI yet and i only sadly have 3 hornworms left but am not pushing any food right now they are just in a feeder cup for him when i place him on his free range later as an offering if he wants it.

Back
Top Bottom