sperm plug

Hi,
so my jacksons had a blocked sperm plug yesterday. I pulled it out with tweezers and all seemed fine. Today however, he is acting a little bit funny and not eating. I don't know if it my imagination or not but it seems his "slit" area seems to be inflamed (puffed up a little bit). Again, i am not sure if this is just me being paranoid, but is it possible i did not get the whole thing and he is blocked up?

It's important that when their plugs get stuck that if it is not hurting them then it's best to just let them get it out at their own time. Sometimes by pulling it out you could end up hurting or irradiating the area. My advice is to let him be and just keep watch of it. If it's not gone back to normal size but tomorrow maybe book a vet appointment.

Its very risky pulling them out. The easiest way to get rid of a stuck sperm plug is to moisturize it through a shower or maybe a wet towel. I tried soaking my chameleons vent and legs which worked but its not to recommend since its very stressful for them to be in water, therefore a shower is recommended. Try to do that next time, good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom