Sperm Plug or Dingleberry?

GabeCastro

Established Member
WTH is this!? This is the third time i've seen this thing hang from my chams vent. Usually it's small, almost like the size of a rice grain. I'll pull it out hoping it's a sperm plug but it's always small.

This is the first time i actually looked at it up close. I ended up stretching it out and it appeared to be a long thread like "booger". (don't mind my terminologies lol)

It's def not a worm, they never move or anything. I usually find them after my little guy poops, but this morning i seen it and found no poop signs. This kind of worried me.

Also to note Jasper's vent has been looking fairly large the past few days, also his bulge grew in size. Is this normal?

He's due for a shed soon (usually loss of appetite) and he's on a food strike! I'm not giving in!!!

If i really need to fill out a help question form i'll do it.

IMG_7554copy.jpg

IMG_7575copy.jpg

IMG_7576copy.jpg

IMG_7588copy.jpg

IMG_7593copy.jpg

It's a sperm plug.

Not to sure about the vent, but I know his bulge will become a little more prominent.

It's a sperm plug.

Not to sure about the vent, but I know his bulge will become a little more prominent.
really? From the sperm plugs i've seen they look like something that came out of an alien lol.

I was thinking the stool's left over membrane (think thats the word)? Not sure.

Looks like a fresh one.LOL The ones I find are usually dried up and yellowish. Your little boy is growing up.:D

Looks like a fresh one.LOL The ones I find are usually dried up and yellowish. Your little boy is growing up.:D
When i pull the white booger like thing out my chams vent, it comes out the size of a rice grain.

Is that normal? The elongated pictures are from me stretching it out to get a better examination.

and thanks for the reply :)

You are looking at completely normal. Isn't it nice what we have to put up with for these silly chams we love?:rolleyes:

You are looking at completely normal. Isn't it nice what we have to put up with for these silly chams we love?:rolleyes:

Hah, indeed. These chameleons are something else! Thanks, i feel allot better now.

yep, the ol' sperm plug..... :p

Nice, glad i got allot of replies with the same answer. I guess my hopes paid off haha.

what's a dingleberry? lol

Here ya go via urbandictionary.com lol

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dingleberry

Monty leaves me his little 'man bogies' on his vine when he poops. I think the term 'sperm plug' more often refers to the hard build up that needs removing from adult Veileds and Panthers. I don't think these day to day small deposits should be referred to by the same term as the more troublesome big brothers, so to speak.

Update

Is this type of stuff normal to happen twice in the same week? I just pulled out another "booger" or "Sperm Plug". :confused::confused::confused::confused:

This time it was longer than the other ones i've found. Also it came out on it's own, no poop this time.

Is Jasper just really endowed or does his vent look really swollen? Looks normal to me, doesn't seem like his "jewels" are hanging out.

Also he's due for a shed soon!

IMG_8066copy.jpg

IMG_8067copy.jpg

IMG_8054copy.jpg

IMG_8059copy.jpg

IMG_8061copy.jpg

IMG_8063copy.jpg

LoL!! So glad I wasnt the only one grossed out by that extremely detailed description. What a good cham dad you are. Congrats! :)

LoL!! So glad I wasnt the only one grossed out by that extremely detailed description. What a good cham dad you are. Congrats! :)

Haha i try my best, you know how these little chams are so stressful, shesh! :D

It's ok,from what I understand, some particularly verile males leave these deposits every day

Nice, did you see my recent pictures? Just want to know if my baby boy is packing heat or if his vent is swollen :rolleyes:

Nice, did you see my recent pictures? Just want to know if my baby boy is packing heat or if his vent is swollen :rolleyes:

He doesn't look abnormal to me, but my males are a veiled and a baby carpet, so I don't have the experience to say yay or nay. I think that sometimess the sperm deposits can build up and that causes problems, but if he's passing them then it should be ok.

He doesn't look abnormal to me, but my males are a veiled and a baby carpet, so I don't have the experience to say yay or nay. I think that sometimess the sperm deposits can build up and that causes problems, but if he's passing them then it should be ok.
Phew, Feel relieved. I was hoping nothing was wrong with my little guy.

I'll try soaking him in warm water to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom