speeding up hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm probably gonna get flack for this and I'll try to put it nicely but every time I read a post by you, you affirm to me that you just are the wrong type of person to keep chameleons. Some of the things you come up with, the questions you ask and the decisions you make regarding your animals just show a complete failure to think about the best interest of the animals in your care. It seems like you're repeatedly trying to cut corners to make this easier, less expensive or less of a commitment to you and that is just the wrong mentality to be keeping chameleons with. Maybe I'm the only one but I just can't remember a single time I've read a post from you and thought any different. Anyway, stop cutting corners and make an effort to think about why you are looking to do some of these things. Is it for the benefit of the animal or because you're lazy/cheap?

To answer the question, attempting to accelerate the incubation and development of your eggs will very likely result in either the loss of the clutch, a decrease in the survival rate or reduced fitness of the neonates.

Chris

Last edited:
Alright, I'm probably gonna get flack for this and I'll try to put it nicely but every time I read a post by you, you affirm to me that you just are the wrong type of person to keep chameleons. Some of the things you come up with, the questions you ask and the decisions you make regarding your animals just show a complete failure to think about the best interest of the animals in your care. It seems like you're repeatedly trying to cut corners to make this easier, less expensive or less of a commitment to you and that is just the wrong mentality to be keeping chameleons with. Maybe I'm the only one but I just can't remember a single time I've read a post from you and thought any different. Anyway, stop cutting corners and make an effort to think about why you are looking to do some of these things. Is it for the benefit of the animal or because you're lazy/cheap?

To answer the question, attempting to accelerate the incubation and development of your eggs will very likely result in either the loss of the clutch, a decrease in the survival rate or reduced fitness of the neonates.

Chris[/QUOTE
you just like to start trouble with me thats ok. i was just wondering if there is a way to hatch the eggs faster because 9 months is gonna take forever.
im not lazy or cheap i just want a batch of hatchlings.

and maybe you should stop reading my posts if you think i dont have the mentality to keep chameleons.

Chris

after thinking about what you typed here its obvious that you hate my guts(thats ok.) im just glad i dont purchase any of my equipment from you because you would probably savatage it. and im sure if one of my chameleons dies you would be a happy camper.

after thinking about what you typed here its obvious that you hate my guts(thats ok.) im just glad i dont purchase any of my equipment from you because you would probably savatage it. and im sure if one of my chameleons dies you would be a happy camper.

Don't worry, I don't sell any equipment so I couldn't "savatage" it even if I wanted to. Anyway, it has nothing to do with wanting to start trouble with you or hating your guts, its just painfully obvious to me that there is something wrong with the rational you use when dealing with your animals. I don't wish anything bad on your animals. In fact, its quite the opposite, I hope you step back and recognize the issue and make an effort to put the chams ahead of you before its too late. Obviously before you'll be able to do that, you'll need to stop assuming that we're just out to get you and realize that there probably is some semblance of validity to the observations myself and others have made. That's your decision to make though, I've said what I feel and now its for you to decide how to proceed.

Marxous - Knock it off.

Chris

Last edited:
i was just wondering if there is a way to hatch the eggs faster because 9 months is gonna take forever.

Oh dude … Chris lives roughly 5 miles away and I could have sworn I heard him scream just now.

-roo

Well...humans have premature births and more times than not that doesnt work out too good. Feeders like fruit flies "hatch" faster when at a higher temperature. But chameleons arent fruit flies they are more complex animals.

Sorry Chris for my amusement, i tend to poke a little at flamers... ( not you ) ... i guess it was uncalled for though, so i am sorry, albeit it was fun at the time =P. It wont happen again.

lol @ roo = Oh dude … Chris lives roughly 5 miles away and I could have sworn I heard him scream just now.

To answer your question Fate X, no. Although some people are giving you a hard time about this question, it is a good thing you asked. It is better to ask (which is the entire point of this forum, to get information so you can take better care of your cham) instead of thinking of some way to speed up hatching and killing all your little baby chams. Anways, even if you did unitentionally kill a clutch of baby chams it is not the end of the world, there are much worse things going on in the world right now.

Last edited:
To answer your question Fate X, no. Although some people are giving you a hard time about this question, it is a good thing you asked. It is better to ask (which is the entire point of this forum, to get information so you can take better care of your cham) instead of thinking of some way to speed up hatching and killing all your little baby chams. Anways, even if you did unitentionally kill a clutch of baby chams it is not the end of the world, there are much worse things going on in the world right now.

Like africa... Dont no body wanna be in africa. And its true, every single person on here shuld consider themselvs lucky to not be in a religous or ethnic war. There is so much struggle, why cant we all just get along?

lolzorz FLAME IT UP!!! i love watching flame warx hit the streets!!!

Can we please, please not provoke this. And often times it ends up turning towards people like you. Its really not fun being in and around this kind of thing. And when people are just trying to get information, and end up seeing stupid coments trying to get people to turn against each other, really makes people feel pissed. DON'T do it again, it is very disrespectful and rude.

I appologize for my previous coment as i to have come to the realization that chris has. But to Fate X, it could take up to a year for them to hatch depending on the temps they were incubated at and what environmental triggers they expirienced.

Please let this thread die as it is a black spot on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom