Spare Help To Someone Not Only New To Pet Chameleons, But Pet Reptiles In General!

petsmart is unfortunately basically the same.

The deal with the pet stores is that they don't really care they just want money. They put their chams in crappy cages because they know they will just sell it soon. And if they don't sell they will put them in literally a box in the back of the store.

At a young age chams technically can be kept together but once they get older....no.

Also mealworms/superworms are not a good source of nutrition, crickets are alright but you might want to browse for something else.
Alright, yeah that does make sense. It's all about money when it comes to business... What do you suggest for other food sources? I don't know if you saw, but I had mentioned I lived in a rural area in Texas, so PetSmart and PetCo are the only options I really have open to me unfortunately. And they only seem to sell crickets :'(. I've heard it's not too great to get bugs from outside for them, but I have a ton of butterflies and small grasshoppers around my house I could try and get for her if that is a viable option.

Alright, yeah that does make sense. It's all about money when it comes to business... What do you suggest for other food sources? I don't know if you saw, but I had mentioned I lived in a rural area in Texas, so PetSmart and PetCo are the only options I really have open to me unfortunately. And they only seem to sell crickets :'(. I've heard it's not too great to get bugs from outside for them, but I have a ton of butterflies and small grasshoppers around my house I could try and get for her if that is a viable option.
Josh's frogs is a good option and is also a site sponsor.

@AmandaS
Hey! So, I just added a lot more foliage to my cage, and they are all living. Here's a picture of it. Is this is a good amount? And do I need to put more up higher?
Also, you probably noticed the light source is still a bit low. I was going to try and do what you did and use plastic cups to hold it up. However, the plastic cups I have are red. Are those fine to use even though they might block some of the light?
View attachment 273798
Looking much better already. Get that light bar as soon as possible. (y)

@AmandaS
Hey! So, I just added a lot more foliage to my cage, and they are all living. Here's a picture of it. Is this is a good amount? And do I need to put more up higher?
Also, you probably noticed the light source is still a bit low. I was going to try and do what you did and use plastic cups to hold it up. However, the plastic cups I have are red. Are those fine to use even though they might block some of the light?
View attachment 273798
Oh yeah, and for the cups, red isn't good cause it will mess with their eyes, but as far as plastic, the UV wont penetrate the plastic of any color i believe.

Back
Top Bottom