South Bay Chameleon Keepers November Meeting

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
Howdy All,

Welcome to the South Bay Chameleon Keepers November meeting! You are invited to join us next Tuesday, Nov 29 at 7:30PM at our Santa Monica, CA location.

What's special about this meeting?

At this meeting we will be having home movie night. Bring your best chameleon home movies on USB stick, DVD, SD card, or whatever you use to communicate with a PC!

SBCK Feeder Store:

Of course, our meeting will have the usual cast of characters hauling in various feeders. You just got done with a Thanksgiving dinner. It is now your chameleon's turn! Here is the current list for preorders:

Dubia Roaches:

Tylene will have, for pre-order only, dubia roaches

150 sm/med nymphs for $10

150 sm/med/large nymphs for $15

3 males for $1

If you'd like any dubias then contact Tylene through chameleonforums and send a message to "Ponders" with your order.

Madagascar Hissing roaches:

Bill will have, for pre-order only, Madagascar Hissers

Starter breeding colony (50+ all ages): $40

Adult Pair: $5

Contact Bill though chameleonforums and send a message to "DeremensisBlue" with your order.

Other feeders are usually available, but if you haven't confirmed beforehand please do not assume! If there are special runs being made or additional items to be announced I will be sending out a follow-up email when they are firmed up (usually the weekend before the meeting).

Agenda:

7:30pm-8pm………...Meet and Greet

8pm-~9pm……….…..Movie night!//Roundtable Discussion // Show & Tell

9pm-9:30pm………...Feeder co-op sale and distribution

9:30pm...........……….Meeting Wrap-up

Nathan (Drywater) has once again, graciously invited us to his work location for this meeting. It’s located in the vicinity of the northwest quadrant of where the 405 and the 10 freeways cross.

2001 S Barrington Ave.

Suite 201

Los Angeles, CA 90025

Here is a Google map link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2001+S+Barrington+Ave,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90025

Nathan said:

“As for parking, everyone is welcome to park in the garage structure that is attached on the south side of the building. Later in the evening, the gate may be closed but I have a card key to open it. Otherwise, there is plenty of street parking in front of the building.” If the front and side building entry doors are locked, walking up the parking structure driveway entrance and then over to the 2nd floor office complex entry is an easy way to get to Suite 201.

The "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" (SBCK) meetings are normally held on the last Tuesday of the month from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm. These free-of-charge meetings are pretty much free-flowing, with all chameleon topics open for discussion. "Show and Tell" discussions are common. Some keepers bring their chameleon books and magazines along with other various items to spark discussions. We also won’t stop you from bringing your chameleons, young and old, big and small. Just keep in mind that it is past their bedtime and that there is stress involved in the trip. So if you plan on bringing chameleons either for “Show and Tell” or for sale (pre-arranged sales are encouraged) just keep in mind your chameleon’s well-being.

Other Details:

Don't hesitate to RSVP with an email to: [email protected] if you think you might be coming. Didn't RSVP? Come anyway!

Our group ranges from long-time breeders to novice keepers. Lately, there have been 10-25+ members attending. There are usually new members at every meeting.

No guarantees but there are usually snacks and drinks brought-in by some of the attendees. You’re welcome to bring some to share too!

See You There,

SBCK

(NOTE)

The www.chameleonforums.com has added a "Social Group" area that our SBCK members can associate themselves to by requesting an "Invite" (https://www.chameleonforums.com/groups/south-bay-chameleon-keepers.html). Our purpose for having the SBCK Group area on this Forum is to help SBCK members keep track of who & how to contact other SBCK members. The term "Member" is used loosely to mean anyone who attends the free meetings. If you have no intention of ever attending any of the face-to-face meetings there is no benefit to being part of the group and you will likely not be "Added" or kept in this Social Group list . This SBCK group area is not intended to replace the main forum. Use the regular Forum area for all posts. Use the SBCK group area as a means of locating other SBCK members to send PMs etc. Continue to use the latest monthly "Meeting Invite" Forum thread as a place to post to the SBCK members that are also "ChameleonForums" members. There are still a few SBCK members that are not yet Forum members but continue to receive their notices via the [email protected] emails. It also appears, for the moment, that Junior Member status on the ChameleonForums does not yet have enough "Permission Level" to join a Social Group.

Echo echo echo....

Anyone out there?

I went to mulberry and will have hornworms.

I have super-worms too if anyone has any interest, PM me.

you guys are LUCKY i wish i could go but im only 13 so it would problaly be against the rules and i would feel aqward

Here's an idea have a parent bring you and you can feel awkward about being around new people and your parent can feel awkward talking about chams. So you'll have someone there that feels just as awkward as you. Doesn't awkward love company? Besides most of us are only scarey at first, we don't bite.

If I did go just say if I DID I wouldn't want my parent going with me they both don't like my chams and both just period don't like reptiles my mom HATES my silk worms,horworms,roaches,crickets,mealworms,butterworms and my praying mantis

I have lots of dubias available and MAYBE some large silkworms (if they don't cocoon by then). Thanks for the HW!
Don't forget to bring some chameleon videos everybody.

Echo echo echo....

Anyone out there?

I went to mulberry and will have hornworms.

I have super-worms too if anyone has any interest, PM me.

Steve: I know you said you probably can't make it but if you do I could use some crack.

Tylene: If you do have any large silkies I have some little friends that would love to try them.

Kevin: Please bring me a single rain dome and I know you'll be bring some little green horns.

Steve: I know you said you probably can't make it but if you do I could use some crack.

Tylene: If you do have any large silkies I have some little friends that would love to try them.

Kevin: Please bring me a single rain dome and I know you'll be bring some little green horns.

And a seconds timer, got it!

If I did go just say if I DID I wouldn't want my parent going with me they both don't like my chams and both just period don't like reptiles my mom HATES my silk worms,horworms,roaches,crickets,mealworms,butterworms and my praying mantis

We have had kids as young as 8 attend so age is not a problem. And you never know about your parents. They may take a different view of your hobby if they meet other adults in the hobby and see the community that we have created. You are welcome to join us. It may be awkward at first, but that won't last!

Have to put up a tree for Providence medical center - Tarzana. But will try to swing by afterwards. ( I'm just not as fast as I use to be ) guess I'm getting old. Will have crack on hand.

S.O.S!! Help, do any of you kind and wonderful people happen to have some extra vermiculite. I have a little girl in the other room that just started digging a hole within the last 5 minutes. This will be my first time for eggs of any type let alone chamaeleo africanus eggs. So if you have any please bring it to tonight's meeting. TIA

Back
Top Bottom