South Bay Chameleon Keepers Chameleon Cage Set-up Workshop

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
Welcome to 2015!
The SBCK is going to switch to a quarterly format and make each meeting more of an event. To kick it off, our first event will be Saturday March 28 from 2PM to 5PM. We will be graciously hosted by Reptile Nerds in Garden Grove.
Address:
12550 Brookhurst Suite F
Garden Grove, CA

Our first workshop will be on Chameleon Cage Set-up. I have pulled some strings and used a favor or two to get Bill Strand, the founder of Dragon Strand, to lead the workshop. We will specifically go over the philosophy of setting up a cage so it can be applied to any cage now or in the future. Once you have the information you can apply it anywhere.

Anyone is welcome to bring a cage and supplies to build a cage hands-on during the workshop under the watchful eyes of some of the area's most experienced chameleon keepers. Dragon Strand will also be offering some cage bundles that may be purchased if you do not already have a cage to use.

We will also be reaching out to local pet stores to get the word out to those new to the chameleon world.

If you are in the Southern California area and have been considering dropping by an SBCK meeting now is the time!

See you all there!
Bill

SBCKSpring2015event_zps65e96aa3.jpg

Wow - I wish you were not at the other end of the country -
You should really consider doing a Y-Tube or something that can be posted here-

Wow - I wish you were not at the other end of the country -
You should really consider doing a Y-Tube or something that can be posted here-

I am working on doing a video of this workshop so, if all goes well, you'll be able to see the entire thing!

Thanks for the information. It took me a month and a half of research before I built my first functional enclosure. I want to make more enclosures and am always finding new easier ways on building them.

Nice, I just purchased my first chameleon from Adam who operates out of the provided address. I highly recommend him and his chameleons.

This is such a great idea. I wish we had such a strong in-person community in the midwest!

SBCK Spring 2015 Workshop: Chameleon Cage Set-up

The Spring 2015 SBCK Workshop is right around the corner! We have been working on setting this up and are ready for a great meeting!

When: Saturday, March 25 1PM - 5PM
Note that we are starting at 1PM!
Where:
Reptile Nerds
12550 Brookhurst Suite F 

Garden Grove, CA

What: As you know, the workshop is on Chameleon Cage Set-up where the members may listen in and learn or bring their cages and build along with the talk under the watchful eye of experienced SBCK members. You can pre-order cages, or buy cages and/or a chameleon at the meeting. If you are ready for a chameleon to join your home, this may be the perfect way to get it all done in an afternoon surrounded by experienced chameleon people! (If you are interested in a Reptile Nerds panther chameleon call Adam at (714) 718-4073 to inquire)

Our event page is here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1411435362482908/

Click on this link for more information on what to bring if you decide to join in on the hands-on part: http://dragonstrand.com/sbck-chameleon-cage-set-up-workshop/

There will also be a feeder run. Please get your order to Steve Simms by the evening of Wednesday March 25 for delivery at the Saturday meeting.

Important Note About Bringing Chameleons: We will be holding this meeting at the Reptile Nerds chameleon breeding facility. What an awesome place for a chameleon meeting! But for their safety, please do not bring wild caught chameleons to this meeting. If you do bring your captive bred chameleons, ensure you have the proper travel cage available for them. As always, the best way to make sure we are invited back to a meeting location is to respect that location!

Come join us for an afternoon of chameleons!
Bill Strand
SBCK

Folks,
Just a reminder to get your feeder order to Steve Simms by this evening (you can post here if you'd like). He can order crickets or super worms.

Also, remember the meeting starts at 1PM this time!
I hope to see you there!
Bill

Back
Top Bottom