SOS URI?

Does he have a puffy spot between his front legs? or is that just the image?
Yes I recently noticed it but it could be because he lost some weight when I put him on a diet. The vet examined him today and said he looked perfectly healthy. Could it be an edema? I don’t use bee pollen in his dusting or anything like that.

Alright. So the doc said that there’s no obvious symptoms of RI like mucous in the mouth or popping when he breathes so he thinks we should leave it for a few days. He said to call back if symptoms progress and he’ll give us Baytril to knock it out. He also suggested to bump up his temp slightly and to give a multivitamin once a week? this I questioned. He said that the D3 doesn’t act as a multivitamin and a multivitamin should be given once a week. Is this accurate? Thanks!
No, you can overdose with certain multivitamins so this is not something i would recommend. What are you using for a multivitamin? D3 on its own is not a multivitamin so he is correct there. Where are your temps now at basking and what is the doc suggesting bumping it up to.

Multivitamins with D3 and or A should only be given 2 times a month due to both D3 and A being fat soluble so they store in the body and tissues. Edema along with toxicity issues can happen when there is too much given of either of these.
Yes I recently noticed it but it could be because he lost some weight when I put him on a diet. The vet examined him today and said he looked perfectly healthy. Could it be an edema? I don’t use bee pollen in his dusting or anything like that.
Keep an eye on it and on his behavior. You can see edema when something in the body is off. Make sure you are not seeing any other signs of an RI as well. The start of an RI is not going to be as obvious as a progressed RI.

No, you can overdose with certain multivitamins so this is not something i would recommend. What are you using for a multivitamin? D3 on its own is not a multivitamin so he is correct there. Where are your temps now at basking and what is the doc suggesting bumping it up to.

Multivitamins with D3 and or A should only be given 2 times a month due to both D3 and A being fat soluble so they store in the body and tissues. Edema along with toxicity issues can happen when there is too much given of either of these.

Keep an eye on it and on his behavior. You can see edema when something in the body is off. Make sure you are not seeing any other signs of an RI as well. The start of an RI is not going to be as obvious as a progressed RI.
Do you mean edema can be a symptom of a greater problem? I felt it and it just feels like excess skin. There’s no lump or anything. Almost like he lost weight and there’s skin left over. Should I mix the vitamins and D3 together so he can have both at once or administer them separately. The vet recommended reptivite vitamins. Do you agree? My basking temp is around 80 and he wants it up to 85. He told me to switch out my 65 watt bulb for a 75 watt bulb.

Do you mean edema can be a symptom of a greater problem? I felt it and it just feels like excess skin. There’s no lump or anything. Almost like he lost weight and there’s skin left over. Should I mix the vitamins and D3 together so he can have both at once or administer them separately. The vet recommended reptivite vitamins. Do you agree? My basking temp is around 80 and he wants it up to 85. He told me to switch out my 65 watt bulb for a 75 watt bulb.
Tell me what supplements exactly you are using and what is your rotation. Take pics of the labels if that is easier. I do not recommend mixing supplements together. There is a specific ratio you want them to get and by mixing your own you could be providing too much of one over the other.

Bumping the temps slightly would not be bad just remember don't go over 85. If it is running 82-83 at the branch then it is already 85-86 where they rise up.

Back
Top Bottom