Sorry I’m new to this..&Still Learning

HankeyPoo

Established Member
Why do people have to come across soo rude!? I’m still learning and didn’t realize removal of the hemipenial plugs was something I had to do.. but this person I felt the need to compare it with having your dogs anal glands cleaned out. Which I feel (yea you basically are doing the same thing) is completely different .. chameleons really don’t like you you pretty much stress the shit out of them just reached in your hand in the cage and have to perform that yourself Is ALOT different.... my dogs like me but it stinks so I don’t do it ? ..... my Cham on the other hand well you gotta catch him on a good day and it’s weird to me to have to do that ?... I guess the moral of my Rant is, if you’re going to come off as rude or arrogant like why even bother. Everybody on here is on here to learn and get advice. This was something new I learned kind of found it funny in a way and then this person had to come across and comment like they did and I feel like it was completely unnecessary. I just wanted to share rant over. ?

Attachments

• 2A5355F1-CF4B-46F9-BB8F-4FC079EC3FDE.jpeg
    2A5355F1-CF4B-46F9-BB8F-4FC079EC3FDE.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 43154914-E719-4EED-9BC4-2A4E35878150.jpeg
    43154914-E719-4EED-9BC4-2A4E35878150.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 81
I didn't think his comment was rude at all. I think you may have just misinterpreted it. You know, like how you can read something in any tone you want even if it is different than how the author was intending.
Just my 2 cents. ?

I’m still learning and didn’t realize removal of the hemipenial plugs was something I had to do
If you still think that this is something you have to do then your still not understanding... This is not a common thing. This typically happens when they are not hydrated properly.

Per the rudeness you interpreted. I think your looking for it to be rude. It was a comparison. There are things in this hobby we have to take care of as keepers. If you as the keeper are uncomfortable with it then you take him to the vet.

If you still think that this is something you have to do then your still not understanding... This is not a common thing. This typically happens when they are not hydrated properly.

Per the rudeness you interpreted. I think your looking for it to be rude. It was a comparison. There are things in this hobby we have to take care of as keepers. If you as the keeper are uncomfortable with it then you take him to the vet.
Definitely have been reading up more on it what to look for .. I feel like there is something new I learn every day ... and I guess I was just in my feelings earlier trying to ask a question and took it the wrong way ??‍♀️ I definitely wasn’t intentionally looking for it to be rude... I’m a lover not fighter... I’m going To also be taking down this post just to not cause any drama ?

Definitely have been reading up more on it what to look for .. I feel like there is something new I learn every day ... and I guess I was just in my feelings earlier trying to ask a question and took it the wrong way ??‍♀️ I definitely wasn’t intentionally looking for it to be rude... I’m a lover not fighter... I’m going To also be taking down this post just to not cause any drama ?
Friend, don’t take down the post. There was a misunderstanding, and it was hardly brutal. This is a great example of how two seemingly antagonistic sides came to realize that each other were good intentioned and not malicious. Trust me, this ought to be a prime example of how misunderstandings, differences of opinions, ought to play out here. Props to all sides involved here!!!

HankeyPoo before you take it down. Let me encourage with this. Keep asking questions, it's great that you're new and now you're enjoying a whole new hobby. Don't be afraid to keep asking questions and learning. You ARE DOING the right thing. Hang in there we are all here to help each other.

I have been in this hobby for 2 years and I’m still learning new things constantly... try to not interpret things in an emotional manner. Trust me you will know when someone is being a jerk. It’s pretty clear lol
Continue to ask questions this is how you will learn. ?

HankeyPoo before you take it down. Let me encourage with this. Keep asking questions, it's great that you're new and now you're enjoying a whole new hobby. Don't be afraid to keep asking questions and learning. You ARE DOING the right thing. Hang in there we are all here to help each other.
Well I cant take it down lol sooo? .... I will most definitely continue to ask questions and I appreciate everyone’s knowledge ??

I have been in this hobby for 2 years and I’m still learning new things constantly... try to not interpret things in an emotional manner. Trust me you will know when someone is being a jerk. It’s pretty clear lol
Continue to ask questions this is how you will learn. ?
That’s awesome! And I definitely will thanks!??

Friend, don’t take down the post. There was a misunderstanding, and it was hardly brutal. This is a great example of how two seemingly antagonistic sides came to realize that each other were good intentioned and not malicious. Trust me, this ought to be a prime example of how misunderstandings, differences of opinions, ought to play out here. Props to all sides involved here!!!
Thank you for this! ????

I think at one time or another we’ve all perhaps come off as rude enough though that wasn’t our intention. That’s where smiley emoticons can possibly help at times. :)
For the record, I didn’t read the post in question yet but personally I’d much rather express canine anal glands than try to remove a problematic hemipenal plug.?

I think at one time or another we’ve all perhaps come off as rude enough though that wasn’t our intention. That’s where smiley emoticons can possibly help at times. :)
For the record, I didn’t read the post in question yet but personally I’d much rather express canine anal glands than try to remove a problematic hemipenal plug.?
I torn on not doing either! Haha thank god for vets! ? and same with the emojis thats y I always have one! Kinda sets the tone! ?

My poor little shih tzu got too stressed from the groomer so I had to learn how to groom her myself, including the anal glands. :rolleyes: I miss my sweet little girl but I do not miss grooming days. And yes, I’m sure she looked kind of funny as I am not a very skilled at grooming...but her butt glands were good.

I
My poor little shih tzu got too stressed from the groomer so I had to learn how to groom her myself, including the anal glands. :rolleyes: I miss my sweet little girl but I do not miss grooming days. And yes, I’m sure she looked kind of funny as I am not a very skilled at grooming...but her butt glands were good.
I’m scared for the day that I have to try ... it’s all fun and games until we have to try it on our own but if it came down to it for my dogs or my little Cham hank I would obviously do it but with hank I don’t know how it would work these past couple weeks I can stick my arm in his enclosure to feed him but if I try to have him come out he turns into a total dink and whips his hole body and hisses ?

Lol TBH that klyde guy has said plenty of rude things
P-K-B

and he doesn't even have chameleons.
You keep bringing that up as if it's a bad thing, when frankly it's irrelevant.

Mission Statement
Chameleon Forums is dedicated to old-world chameleons, an unusual group of lizards classified under the family Chamaeleonidae. The goal of this website is to provide a friendly environment for people to learn and share knowledge about these wondrously unique animals.

Odd, it doesn't say anything about owning or keeping chameleons as a requirement to learn & share knowledge about them here.

And what makes more sense, getting an animal on impulse, doing all the wrong things, and scrambling after the fact, or taking one's time to learn what they can beforehand, get properly set up, and then getting the chameleon?

A LOT of people on this forum do not currently have chameleons. Some used to, and are considering getting back into it, some may have recently lost one, and some like myself are trying to do it the right way because we recognize the responsibility of caring for another living thing.

You know very well it's imminent; you just posted a rude derogatory comment about the most recent picture I posted.

P-K-B

You keep bringing that up as if it's a bad thing, when frankly it's irrelevant.

Odd, it doesn't say anything about owning or keeping chameleons as a requirement to learn & share knowledge about them here.

And what makes more sense, getting an animal on impulse, doing all the wrong things, and scrambling after the fact, or taking one's time to learn what they can beforehand, get properly set up, and then getting the chameleon?

A LOT of people on this forum do not currently have chameleons. Some used to, and are considering getting back into it, some may have recently lost one, and some like myself are trying to do it the right way because we recognize the responsibility of caring for another living thing.

You know very well it's imminent; you just posted a rude derogatory comment about the most recent picture I posted.

So I had a reply I just edited out, IDC if someone wants to quote it still, but it helps nothing for me to lay into you. So I take that part back.

Aside from it not being about you having 0 chameleons, but about how you act with people while having 0 chameleons... I actually like a good chunk of what you post and have found things interesting. The other half is constant passive aggression and sideways comments from you. So the fact you linked a joke I made and said it was rude is pretty ridiculous. I've had enclosures look just like that, that's why I said... tried and true... if that's what you get sensitive over, you might want to rethink how you talk to others. My guess is you don't talk that way in person? A few times I've been the only one to offer you solid advice and you ignored it or threw it in my face, which is fine, but you have to know when you treat people a certain way, you'll get it back at times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom