If You Were a Chameleon, Would You Want to Live Here?

Klyde O'Scope

Chameleon Enthusiast
Still a WIP...

1603462644303.jpeg

• Hard to see (those Sansis are BRIGHT), but there are 4 branches across the top that will provide options for basking & UVB.
  • More branches still coming. Since the plants are somewhat large, it's easier to plan & install branches around the plants than plants around the branches.
  • Branches are easily (re)movable in the event of changes.
  • Lattice up the back has Tradescantia zebrina and Hedera helix. The Hedera is a little anemic; I have a more developed Pothos waiting in the wings, along with several more different species of Dracaena.
  • Would like to add a bromeliad, some ferns, and Dionaea muscipula along the bottom.
  • Installing instrumentation this weekend with more branches.
Maybe I got a little overambitious with the plants? :rolleyes:

Wow the lighting is quite intense... When you get baby make sure your watching for signs to see if the lighting is too intense. You may have to lift lights up off the top a bit so it is not as extreme.

I love the plants. It will be awesome when the climbers start making their way up the back wall.

Wow the lighting is quite intense... When you get baby make sure your watching for signs to see if the lighting is too intense. You may have to lift lights up off the top a bit so it is not as extreme.

I love the plants. It will be awesome when the climbers start making their way up the back wall.
Compared to sunlight? There are times when I wonder if the 2 Sansis are enough. They're already supported an inch above the screen, and the screen temp immediately beneath them is around 90F. I can keep my hand there indefinitely.

One has to take into account the sensors in the camera and the ineptitude of the photographer. ?
I think there's a setting for shooting into the sun that I have never used, so I've forgotten about it. Have to RTFM.

Update:
Ran the mister for 2 min. Drain working. Most plants are dripping; a couple didn't get hit—the mass cane puts out a surprising amount of cover/shade. Timing to see how long it takes to dry out. May rearrange some plants. Good thing I made the branches (re)movable.

Digital thermometer & hygrometer are within a degree of each other and the other thermometers in the house.

Update:
  • Mister timer is set (dry-out time is ~4 hrs.) & working.
  • Rearranged plants. Replaced ivy with pothos (climbing back wall).
  • Added more branches—horizontal, vertical, and Diagon Alley.
  • Lighting timers set—12/12
  • Feeder run cup under construction (repurposed spice bottle).
Last item: determining best wattage for basking light—trial & error. 60W got the basking perch up to 79/80, but I forgot to turn on the UVB, so running that wattage again w/ UVB ON (It doesn't put out a lot of heat, but might be enough.) Have 75W & 100W available just in case.

Otherwise, ready for tenant!

1605103284067.png

Back
Top Bottom