Sorry for my lack of knowledge

djfishygillz

Avid Member
I always see WC FL veilded chameleons. does FL mean florida? and i know of course wc means wild caught. Sorry if im missing something obvious, just thought i would ask.

Wow. I had no idea chameleons lived wild in Florida. Is this just because they came from the middle east from people and they can just thrive in the wild out there? Like how burmese pythons are running rampant there? Gosh florida is a crazy breeding ground for so many creatures now due to the pet trade.

Wow. I had no idea chameleons lived wild in Florida. Is this just because they came from the middle east from people and they can just thrive in the wild out there? Like how burmese pythons are running rampant there? Gosh florida is a crazy breeding ground for so many creatures now due to the pet trade.

yes and yes again:D

Wow, I don't know why but animals being relocated in different places around the world is amazing to me. I love how animals can with stand different parasites, predators, and actually reproduce. I can't wait to find a wild veiled next time I happen to go to Florida. I don't think I'll remove it from its environment though. I'll have to restrain myself.

I would like to know where in Florida? I have never heard of that. We have wild iguanas all over the place now. That we do have!

Well everything but the chameleons as far as I know! I have lived here for 23 years and this is the first I have heard of wild chams!!! Can anyone out there from Florida elaborate on this for me please?!

I have heard the same claim Carol, and Im in OZ! From memory the poster declined to elaborate regards location, for obvious reasons. I beleive its veiled chams, likely escaped or released/dumped pets that have found the climate to there satisfaction and bred. :)
Life adapts to whatever comes, or dies, Its only humanity that tries to adapt the environment instead!

Report i read about it some time ago about a population in FtMyers. I was there a few years ago but I didn't have time to properly look...so I didn't see any

http://www.cnah.org/pdf_files/208.pdf

They give the coordinates of the area which is an empty wooded lot.. There are KEEP OUT and No TRESPASSING signs all over the area.. for the chameleons sake? I don't know

Report i read about it some time ago about a population in FtMyers. I was there a few years ago but I didn't have time to properly look...so I didn't see any

http://www.cnah.org/pdf_files/208.pdf

They give the coordinates of the area which is an empty wooded lot.. There are KEEP OUT and No TRESPASSING signs all over the area.. for the chameleons sake? I don't know

thanks for the article! Never heard of this. It would be interesting to know what the population is now from 2003!

Back
Top Bottom