Sorry, and feces.

littlekiwi

Established Member
well. i’m done with my temper tantrum from yesterday. @Beman i listened to you and used my linear UVB. kiwi has changed vets. i give her calcium by mouth through a tiny syringe. she also has a repticalcium without d3 and without phosphorus i got this morning. she’s got some runny feces, hoping that’s normal. also parents have fallen in love with her and agreed to help financially. so yeah. sorry to people i snapped off at yesterday as i was extremely stressed and scared. she is attempting to climb but i’ve rearranged her cage just to be safer and have had to force feed her. sigh. feels weird to swallow my pride for once and post again on the site. but should probably have kept emotions down. again, sorry y’all.

well. i’m done with my temper tantrum from yesterday. @Beman i listened to you and used my linear UVB. kiwi has changed vets. i give her calcium by mouth through a tiny syringe. she also has a repticalcium without d3 and without phosphorus i got this morning. she’s got some runny feces, hoping that’s normal. also parents have fallen in love with her and agreed to help financially. so yeah. sorry to people i snapped off at yesterday as i was extremely stressed and scared. she is attempting to climb but i’ve rearranged her cage just to be safer and have had to force feed her. sigh. feels weird to swallow my pride for once and post again on the site. but should probably have kept emotions down. again, sorry y’all.
[/QUOTE
trying to tag prince of duval if someone can. still can’t use this website well ?

I apologize as well. I was going to PM you today to just offer my apologies. Last night, I honestly decided to just drop off the forums altogether unless I needed help myself as my intent is not to push anyone away from this group filled with knowledgeable, veteran chameleon keepers, especially those who are really needing help. I hope you understand my words were just out of concern for your little girl and wanting the best for her...not an attack on you. I also want to apologize to all the members of the community for overly asserting myself. I know you are doing your best and I hope you and your girl have many happy and healthy years together.

I apologize as well. I was going to PM you today to just offer my apologies. Last night, I honestly decided to just drop off the forums altogether unless I needed help myself as my intent is not to push anyone away from this group filled with knowledgeable, veteran chameleon keepers, especially those who are really needing help. I hope you understand my words were just out of concern for your little girl and wanting the best for her...not an attack on you. I also want to apologize to all the members of the community for overly asserting myself. I know you are doing your best and I hope you and your girl have many happy and healthy years together.
we will learn and grow together. i totally understand where you came from

It takes a lot of guts to comeback and I’m glad you took the advice and came back! We are here to help, it’s good to hear your parents are willing to help :) She can still have a good quality of life, it sounds like you are willing to put in the work toward her recovery.
i’m also recording her recovery on my instagram page for her so in the future if another cham of mine gets this i’ll know what to do and for anyone else. but i genuinely appreciate all of your advice

i’m also recording her recovery on my instagram page for her so in the future if another cham of mine gets this i’ll know what to do and for anyone else. but i genuinely appreciate all of your advice
Oh, no, no, no! By the time the forum is done with you, you won’t have another cham that gets mbd (unless it was caused before you got it). You’re gonna get learned right! ?

@littlekiwi I am glad you chose to stay.... This is by no means an easy hobby at first. Chameleons have a lot of specific needs. When you are new everything is overwhelming. We do our best not to overwhelm while at the same time giving complete feedback so that situations like this can be avoided.

What I can say is once you know your basics in husbandry the rest starts falling into place. You will have a bit more work to do but you will get there with her. And hopefully she can get better and live a good life.

Smile... Keep your head up.... Be open to feedback while pulling your emotions out of it... Continue to learn.

Ok I want to make a comment here.... I in no way feel that you have been over asserting yourself. We learn and then we pass on the information. I would be more disappointed if you came here and learned from us only to leave and not be of assistance to other newbies. If you do not know an answer to give feedback then avoid those threads or tag in other members that do. This is what I do. I have been a member here since November of 2018. I lurked for 5 weeks prior to making an account because I was intimidated by the experience of others. It took months and months just for me to have an understanding of the basic husbandry. Now I spend my time giving back. Many of us do this. But this does not mean that we ourselves are not continuing to learn.

So please give back. Stick around and continue to learn. :)

Ok I want to make a comment here.... I in no way feel that you have been over asserting yourself. We learn and then we pass on the information. I would be more disappointed if you came here and learned from us only to leave and not be of assistance to other newbies. If you do not know an answer to give feedback then avoid those threads or tag in other members that do. This is what I do. I have been a member here since November of 2018. I lurked for 5 weeks prior to making an account because I was intimidated by the experience of others. It took months and months just for me to have an understanding of the basic husbandry. Now I spend my time giving back. Many of us do this. But this does not mean that we ourselves are not continuing to learn.

i think learning how to pull emotions out will be most important now ?

Thank you @Beman. I will!

if any of you have had experience with runny feces with MBD or after a calcium injection help? i’m very happy she’s not constipated or dehydrated (the urate is as white as it could be) but i’m just not sure what this could mean.

Back
Top Bottom