Soon to be baby flapnecks!!!

xoiceox

So last week I went into the pet store that I used to work at. I always go in to check on the herps b/c they arent always properly taken care of (so I raise hell if they're not, or just fix it myself)

Well they just got in 2 jacksons and 2 flapnecks... I noticed the female flap looked a lil funky so I took her out and sure enough she was full of eggs and about to pop! I brought this to their attention and they setup the cage with moss and stuff for her to lay!

I just got a call from the guy today that she laid all of her eggs and she's doing okay :) I am so happy!!!

Hopefully they are fertile and healthy :) Wish them luck!

xoxo

The best way to check for fertility would be to hold a light to the back of thew egg in a darker environment... and look for any veins that run up through the egg... If it has little blood vessels running through it they are fertile... If they are yellowish in appearance... and you see no veins they are infertile. This method is called "candleing".:)

The eggs are fertile, but bad news...

I went to visit her tonight and she is not doing well at all :(

Her eyes are completely sunken in and she can barely move. I dont think she'll make it through the night. My friend was telling me that when she came in they weren't aware that she was pregnant, thus causing her malnutrition after laying the eggs...

How do u guys keep ur girls healthy after they lay???

The best way to check for fertility would be to hold a light to the back of thew egg in a darker environment... and look for any veins that run up through the egg... If it has little blood vessels running through it they are fertile... If they are yellowish in appearance... and you see no veins they are infertile. This method is called "candleing".:)

i dont think this will work for chameleon eggs until they break out from diapause. Other reptiles yes but chameleons no. Correct me if im wrong someone but im 75% sure of this

i dont think this will work for chameleon eggs until they break out from diapause. Other reptiles yes but chameleons no. Correct me if im wrong someone but im 75% sure of this

Depends on the species. Some chameleons lay eggs that are already vascularized and hatch in 4.5 months total (Quads for example.)

Back
Top Bottom