Something Stuck in Vent

DeltaYaz

Noticed that our cham has a substance protruding from his vent that is somewhat stuck. I do believe he is a little dehydrated and first hoped maybe it is just some orange urate. We are giving him a little soak to try and help. I am aware of prolapse, but the descriptions I saw look different than this, but wanted to get some more experienced eyes on the condition.

Thanks!

51569419285_aceafc09a6_k.jpg

Update - prolapse is repaired and he's doing fine. Doctor said there should be no problem. Turns out he's done hundreds of repairs, including one last week. Took about a dozen calls until I found someone with availability but glad to have stumbled into a vet with a lot of experience.

Update - prolapse is repaired and he's doing fine. Doctor said there should be no problem. Turns out he's done hundreds of repairs, including one last week. Took about a dozen calls until I found someone with availability but glad to have stumbled into a vet with a lot of experience.
What area you in?
Perhaps you can link the Clinic and name of Vet for future reference.
Sounds like a good vet, and I'm glad he is doing ok now.

Yay. Thats great glad to hear! Hopefully no more for you in the future. Glad he's doing okay! ♡

Another update - he appears to be doing OK again today. He moved around his enclosure a few times throughout the day, though slept a good bit. He has remained in his normal colors (i.e. not dark). I'm sure he's stressed from the ordeal, so hopefully a day or two of lethargy is not abnormal. Would appreciate any advice if there is something different we should be doing - we are leaving him be at the moment. Note that I do not plan to feed for a couple of days in order to keep stress off of the digestive system.

Back
Top Bottom