Something Stuck in Vent

DeltaYaz

Noticed that our cham has a substance protruding from his vent that is somewhat stuck. I do believe he is a little dehydrated and first hoped maybe it is just some orange urate. We are giving him a little soak to try and help. I am aware of prolapse, but the descriptions I saw look different than this, but wanted to get some more experienced eyes on the condition.

Thanks!

51569419285_aceafc09a6_k.jpg

DeltaYaz

Update - prolapse is repaired and he's doing fine. Doctor said there should be no problem. Turns out he's done hundreds of repairs, including one last week. Took about a dozen calls until I found someone with availability but glad to have stumbled into a vet with a lot of experience.

Thatwizard420

Avid Member
Update - prolapse is repaired and he's doing fine. Doctor said there should be no problem. Turns out he's done hundreds of repairs, including one last week. Took about a dozen calls until I found someone with availability but glad to have stumbled into a vet with a lot of experience.
What area you in?
Perhaps you can link the Clinic and name of Vet for future reference.
Sounds like a good vet, and I'm glad he is doing ok now.

Snuits

Chameleon Enthusiast
Yay. Thats great glad to hear! Hopefully no more for you in the future. Glad he's doing okay! ♡

DeltaYaz

Another update - he appears to be doing OK again today. He moved around his enclosure a few times throughout the day, though slept a good bit. He has remained in his normal colors (i.e. not dark). I'm sure he's stressed from the ordeal, so hopefully a day or two of lethargy is not abnormal. Would appreciate any advice if there is something different we should be doing - we are leaving him be at the moment. Note that I do not plan to feed for a couple of days in order to keep stress off of the digestive system.

Top Bottom