Something in his bottom?

viaje

I was on my way outside with Tzar today when I felt something rough on my hand, I looked and there's a tiny little poky thing just barely protruding from his bottom. Since I've heard about sperm plugs on here and knew people remove those without any problem, I thought I'd give it a gentle tug with a tweezers. I pulled on it and it came out for a second- it looked like part of a partially undigested cricket! but when I let it go it got sucked back in pretty quick- so I didn't get a great look at it.

Is this something I should be removing? Should I see if it comes out my itself? or is this something that a vet should look at to get it out? Since it got pulled back in I'm sitting here, wondering if there's any chance I could have mistaken his boy parts for a mushy cricket...

I know there's a problem that, if it is a cricket, why it's not digested- but I'll address that after I take care of this.

Can you post a pic? That may help. I have no experience of males but I know that sometimes they can have a prolapse of the hemipenis. I wouldn't try pulling on anything at this stage - not until you knwo what you are dealing with. If it is part of his insides you could do more damage in attempting to remove it.

Can you post a pic? That may help. I have no experience of males but I know that sometimes they can have a prolapse of the hemipenis. I wouldn't try pulling on anything at this stage - not until you knwo what you are dealing with. If it is part of his insides you could do more damage in attempting to remove it.

I can try to get a picture, but it's pretty little. let me go see

Warning!

Yeah post a pic......

if you can grab it pull it out gently....

One time my huge melleri pooped a HW......... and it didn't come out all the way it was kinda gross lol

Because it was so gross, I am going to share it with you all! hahahaha
evilgrin.gif

IMG_9414.jpg

runaway.gif
face-icon-small-puke.gif

tzar.jpg

It's just that tiny little thing, I could barely get it with the tweezers when I gave it a little tug- it didn't help that he was saying "MOM! no! get out of there!"

Edit: also, when I pulled it for that second, he didn't respond too much. I feel like if it was part of his insides it would have hurt and he would have reacted by puffing up or hissing or something? I don't know. Just a thought.

I'd leave it alone. Very likely he will pass it himself. Give it a week, and then if it's still there you can consider "helping"

Okay, that would make me happiest- I just wasn't sure if this was something that would hurt him by letting it be in there. Thanks!

I'd leave it alone. Very likely he will pass it himself. Give it a week, and then if it's still there you can consider "helping"

hehehe... 'helping'

I bet its some unshed skin... i've had my guys get skin stuck there.... they aren't too happy when I 'help' so I try to leave it....

I would take Sandra's advice :cool:

Yeah post a pic......

if you can grab it pull it out gently....

One time my huge melleri pooped a HW......... and it didn't come out all the way it was kinda gross lol

Because it was so gross, I am going to share it with you all! hahahaha
evilgrin.gif

runaway.gif
face-icon-small-puke.gif

Ewww! That pukey smiley said it all, lol! That is one puke inducing pic, Summoner! Amy passed a half digested waxie today - I had to squeeze it as I wasn't sure what it was (looked like skin) - the smell was horrendous. That's the last time I squeeze anything that comes out of Amy's rear end, lol!

ewww! That pukey smiley said it all, lol! That is one puke inducing pic, summoner! Amy passed a half digested waxie today - i had to squeeze it as i wasn't sure what it was (looked like skin) - the smell was horrendous. That's the last time i squeeze anything that comes out of amy's rear end, lol!

lol rotflmao!!!! :d:d

Ewww! That pukey smiley said it all, lol! That is one puke inducing pic, Summoner! Amy passed a half digested waxie today - I had to squeeze it as I wasn't sure what it was (looked like skin) - the smell was horrendous. That's the last time I squeeze anything that comes out of Amy's rear end, lol!

I can't believe you squeezed it to start with! :eek: It came out of her bum, so surely that would indicate it was likely to smell?! :D You do make me laugh with your dedication to your chams :)

Howdy Abby,

I zoomed-in (and brightened-up) on your chameleon's photo. It looks to be the tip of a "plug".

Here's what they look like when removed (~3/4" long):

VeiledHemipenePlug-1.jpg

It is often the case that when a plug shows up dried-out, they end-up needing to be gently, slowly removed by the keeper or a vet. I've removed them from chameleons at stores, other's collections, and also my own Veiled.

If it doesn't come out on its own soon enough, you have your options :eek:.

LOL Fascinating Dave! Do you have a creepy 'scientific' collection in jars somewhere, your garage maybe?
Maybe you catalog them on weekends? :D
Yuck Dude Theres science and then theres tossing chunks!"
:p :)

Invent This Hat (BUT) for Cham oweners Dude!

larson.jpg

Oh God Dave, Ya know Id love to Mate, I wouldnt miss them for the world, But its just Im kinda tied up video wise for next, ah, twenty five years or so, but ill pencil that in! :D

I'm SO happy that my thread turned into people posting gross pictures of what came out of their chameleons butts.

lol!

I let it be to see what would happen, it's been a while and it's still there- what do you guys think I should do?

hmmmm maybe see a vet? if he seems to be acting OK........ i dunno your call but a vet visit would be the safe choice. Your vet might just say to ride it out though... maybe some other people have some ideas.

Back
Top Bottom