Some of my species

Superb chameleons, and equally impressive vivariums.

What species of plants do you use? How are you growing moss so well...is it native moss?

Kevin

Now this is a thread!! Really, really cool set ups and awesome animals. K. tenuis females are so impressive!! Definitely one of my favorite species I have seen or kept.

I have a question, are you free ranging your feeders or do you cup feed? Those enclosures are amazing btw.

Such well executed lighting & fans. If you ever come to Texas I could put you to work for a few days remodeling my lighting and enclossures. lol

Thanks for posting the pics. I love seeing diff styles of husbandry.

Now this is a thread!! Really, really cool set ups and awesome animals. K. tenuis females are so impressive!! Definitely one of my favorite species I have seen or kept.

Lol I was going to say the same exact thing! That female K. Tenuis is simply amazing... one of nature's beauties. What a unique and ridiculous looking animal. :eek:

Thanks for the kind words :)
Well, I try do do it as natural as possible, that why I only keep "small" spacies, as I don´t have space to do this with larger species like calyptratus, parsonii etc.
I want the "where is waldo" feeling with all species, so my parsonii "terrarium"/room will bare large ;)

Again, thaks for the kind words.

I think you nailed it, it does look like you have a bit of their home for them to live in. Wonderful, just wonderful.
I played where waldo with the first cages and there was no waldo - I am a failure.

Simply marvelous!!! And thank you for sharing some pictures of how you designed your set-up.

The chameleon species you are keeping are also impressive

Niels your enclosures are spectacular and inspiring! Thanks for posting.

The moss on the plants to happen, grow and spread normally have got to have a lot of water and good sunlight. One thing I have noticed about the moss in my greenhouse.

Last edited:
I use the following plants.
Chamaedorea elegans
Asparicus falactus
Ficus benjamina
Ficus pumila
Passiflora sp
Cissus sp
Coffea Arabica
Davalia canariensis
http://kamaeleoner.dk/kamaeleoner-i-fangenskab/36-planter-vi-anbefaler.html

I never cup feed, only when im feeding with Galleria mellonella or if I have a sick chameleon, so I can control how much it is eating.

And yes, it is native moss, so the reason I can keep it alive, is because of the low temps and high humidity.
The setup is pretty new, so the plants and moss will look much better in a few months :)

Trioceros fuelleborni male
4.jpg

Wow, I would have thought you'd have to cup feed with the amount of ground cover and grasses in your terrariums. Wonderful setups, and if I ever get into montanes Im going to have to go back and copy some of your ideas. :D

Thanks.
By the way, there is another rack beside this one, where I keep my T. fuelleborni.

terrarium14.jpg

terrarium15.jpg

terrarium18.jpg

T. fuelleborni female
fuelleborni02.jpg

K. tenuis female
tenuis04.jpg

tenuis05.jpg

tenuis06.jpg

As everyone else has said, simply amazing. Very professional and better than some zoo exhibits. Now I guess you'll have to charge admission.

Back
Top Bottom