Some new Habitats we did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a look at our fresh air habitats.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 156
Out of curiosity why not?
you went as far as
halfway advertising it here but wont put a price tag i dont understand.
You can ask for prices and buy other cages and things on here

Looks like it's just over $200 for a 2x2x4 equivalent and $150 for a 18''x18''x36" with lots of options for trays, leds and such that can drive that number up pretty quick. The gecko habitats on the website with the included cork wall look nice and I do like the latch design but not a huge fan of the white color scheme.

We use heavier walled commercial framing not roll formed thin wall you can bend in hand frame commonly found at hardware places or for residential . Our floors are thicker 1/4" and our screen is true black commercial grade. big difference in materials and costs. Plus our latches are better grade and not cheap. If I was to use the lower cost stuff yeah prices would be a lot lower I don't do cheap never liked to never will. I build based on what I use for long time and wanted in a screen habitat. Like everytning you have options if cheaper is all you want we're not it. I offer these just for sole purpose of ones who want more bang for their buck.
Because like their cage dimensions, I'm betting their prices are a bit off.
That's comparing apples to apples and we're not using apples

Looks like a neat design, we really do do need more quality screen cage solutions and variety, the more people working on this the sooner we will start to see more improved designs and quality.

I'm not sure why that snail person said the dimensions were off but you should be using width x depth x height to conform to the standard and not confuse people. Also the dimension you built is very small. If you are legitimately going after the high end market build high end sized cages. That size cage is good for some geckos and some smaller chameleon species that few people keep and juvenile Chameleons. I want to see nothing smaller than 18 x 18 x 36 and preferably bigger.

Either way good luck!

And to add I just looked at your facebook page, the larger cage is fantastic! I don't need any more cages at the moment but will definitely add you to the shortlist for me to consider next time I do,

Looks like a neat design, we really do do need more quality screen cage solutions and variety, the more people working on this the sooner we will start to see more improved designs and quality.

I'm not sure why that snail person said the dimensions were off but you should be using width x depth x height to conform to the standard and not confuse people. Also the dimension you built is very small. If you are legitimately going after the high end market build high end sized cages. That size cage is good for some geckos and some smaller chameleon species that few people keep and juvenile Chameleons. I want to see nothing smaller than 18 x 18 x 36 and preferably bigger.

Either way good luck!
Thanks . What you saw was only 1 size and 1 type of design we have done so many and offer anything as size goes .

What size holes? The reason I ask is most cages use reg window screening. Its bad for chameleon mits they get claws stuck in them and rip them out. I myself replaced the screening with type 304 stainless steel wire cloth .017 diameter wire the holes are bigger so claws don't get caught and ripped out yet still small enough that feeders can't escape plus it's 304 stainless and won't corrode.

What size holes? The reason I ask is most cages use reg window screening. Its bad for chameleon mits they get claws stuck in them and rip them out. I myself replaced the screening with type 304 stainless steel wire cloth .017 diameter wire the holes are bigger so claws don't get caught and ripped out yet still small enough that feeders can't escape plus it's 304 stainless and won't corrode.
And I'm sure you know just how much that mesh costs lol We can use it upon request but for all those who read this to know it's very expensive stuff even for a dealer such as us to get but we can it's available .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom