005.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 136
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 97
Those are receptive colors. Watch out for lumps in her belly and if she looks heavier. You should put a lay bin in her cage, about 1/2 peet moss 1/2 play sand, kept moist, not wet, about a foot deep and a foot and a half wide.

yep, i know. i actually took her to a vet about that and they did x-rays. no eggs yet. i am recording her weight though.

What is wrong with the left side of her lip? Is that an old scar? Make sure she gets enough calcium for any developing eggs and watch her food intake and temps to control the sizes and frequency of any clutches. What do you feed her? and what are your temps?

she's had that scar like thing on her lip since i got her. i feed her gut loaded crickets and superworms. temperature is generally 70-80, 68-70 at night. humidity is 50-75. and she is not gravid, so i'm kind of confused as to why she is getting golds in... is that normal?

Yes it is, it means she is sexually receptive. Limit her food intake to about 5 crickets/superworms every other day, probably best to do 3 crickets and 2 superworms. What supplements are you giving her?
Also, temps are good, keep basking spot at about 80-83 max. These factors will help in preventing large clutches down the road, or any clutches at all. a lot of people do this for their females. It is much healthier for them.

thank you. and the calcium supplement or the gut load? i know the gut load is a very good and trustworthy one but i forget the name. i actually thought she was a male for the first couple months i had her until i brought her to the vet and they checked her for a hemi penis O_O <<<my chameleon's face.
But thank you very much for the tips, i'm sure they will come in handy somewhere down the road

She is gorgeous by the way :D I had a disabled female a couple years ago. She was blind and very sick, I rescued her from petsmart, they didn't think she would make it another week so they gave her to me. She survived for 8 more months thanks to everyone's support and donations. Thanks to member's support and help she was able to live out a great rest of her life.

that's wonderful and amazing[:
and thank you. and i have one more question, does she look dehydrated? she looks it to me a little bit

thank you. and the calcium supplement or the gut load? i know the gut load is a very good and trustworthy one but i forget the name. i actually thought she was a male for the first couple months i had her until i brought her to the vet and they checked her for a hemi penis O_O <<<my chameleon's face.
But thank you very much for the tips, i'm sure they will come in handy somewhere down the road

I mean the supplements. You should be giving her a pure calcium supplement at every feeding, a calcium supplement with d3 2 times a month, and a multivitamin once a month. Dust feeders very lightly.

Your welcome:D

oh yeah, and is the gutload you are giving store bought from say petsmart or is it one that is made by hand? I know there is one called cricket crack someone makes and sells.

it is store bought. i wish i could remember the name, but i remember looking it up after i got it and it got raving reviews from chameleon owners. i also have calcium and calcium with d3. i have been doing the d3 twice a month. however, i do not have the vitamins. i am going to the store later to get it. how is herptivite?

it is store bought. i wish i could remember the name, but i remember looking it up after i got it and it got raving reviews from chameleon owners. i also have calcium and calcium with d3. i have been doing the d3 twice a month. however, i do not have the vitamins. i am going to the store later to get it. how is herptivite?

Herptivite is a good brand that most people use. Good luck with her! Any questions just PM

Back
Top Bottom