some info concerning shedding

javsto

I was wondering if I should put something in my habitat in preparation for when my future cammy starts to shed? Maybe a piece of rough bark or a fake plastic cactus to assist in the shedding? I have also seen several goops and lotions that proclaim it to assist with shedding by rubbing it onto the pet prior or during its shedding period. Does anyone have anything ele to contribute to this?

I always mist with very warm water. The water cools down allot just going through the mister. I always test it on myself first before misting my chams.

ok. now I think I might have read somewhere that some reptiles or lizards eat thier shed skin once its completly discarded or maybe during the process. Does that hold true for cammies as well or should i just throw it out once its completly done with? Or how about feeding the shed skin to the feeder crickets for any additional nutritional content/gutloading?

ok. now I think I might have read somewhere that some reptiles or lizards eat thier shed skin once its completly discarded or maybe during the process. Does that hold true for cammies as well or should i just throw it out once its completly done with? Or how about feeding the shed skin to the feeder crickets for any additional nutritional content/gutloading?

Ours just started her first shedding today and she is eating her shed-Ed skin. I have no idea if it's normal or not

My cham has eaten a bit of one shed, but hasnt touched it other times, i think every cham is different. I agree with jann on her suggestion of giving extra long mistings, and even add an extra misting in there to boost up the humidity to keep the skin moist and easier to break off

Back
Top Bottom